Mid-Ohio 2009 - Saturday

Hailwood

Went down to Mid-O yesterday with my Dad and had a great time.

I was concerned about the weather, but other than being a little cold (ok, *really* cold) in the morning, it was actually really nice.

I wound up taking about 400 decent photos of Superbike/Supersport Qualifying, MotoGT, and the Superbike race.

MotoGT was actually really cool. Lots of interesting bikes that wouldn't really fit into the other classes, and the 2 hour, 2 man setup was really cool.

Here are the best ones:

Aaron Yates coming into the Esses during Superbike Qualifying

595366109_Ekyac-XL.jpg

Yates coming off the back straight

595366639_iPomQ-XL.jpg

Hodgeson hard on the brakes coming into the Esses

595309670_VC9PW-XL.jpg

Larry Pegram on the Ducati 1098R coming off the back straight into the Esses

595368788_ZQEjA-XL.jpg

Random R6 coming through Turn 9 during SS qualifying.

595371810_eFC9T-XL.jpg

Ducati Sport Classic coming through Turn 1 in MotoGT.

595374293_nvXcf-XL.jpg

Josh Hayes leading the front-runners through the Esses during the Superbike race.

595392313_ifYaP-XL.jpg

Superbike race winner Josh Hayes on the Yamaha R1 coming into the Esses on one of the last laps.

595377678_CXLWi-XL.jpg

There are a ton more here on my SmugMug site.

Went down to Mid-O yesterday with my Dad and had a great time.

I was concerned about the weather, but other than being a little cold (ok, *really* cold) in the morning, it was actually really nice.

I wound up taking about 400 decent photos of Superbike/Supersport Qualifying, MotoGT, and the Superbike race.

MotoGT was actually really cool. Lots of interesting bikes that wouldn't really fit into the other classes, and the 2 hour, 2 man setup was really cool.

Here are the best ones:

Aaron Yates coming into the Esses during Superbike Qualifying

595366109_Ekyac-XL.jpg

Yates coming off the back straight

595366639_iPomQ-XL.jpg

Hodgeson hard on the brakes coming into the Esses

595309670_VC9PW-XL.jpg

Larry Pegram on the Ducati 1098R coming off the back straight into the Esses

595368788_ZQEjA-XL.jpg

Random R6 coming through Turn 9 during SS qualifying.

595371810_eFC9T-XL.jpg

Ducati Sport Classic coming through Turn 1 in MotoGT.

595374293_nvXcf-XL.jpg

Josh Hayes leading the front-runners through the Esses during the Superbike race.

595392313_ifYaP-XL.jpg

Superbike race winner Josh Hayes on the Yamaha R1 coming into the Esses on one of the last laps.

595377678_CXLWi-XL.jpg

There are a ton more here on my SmugMug site.

SO THAT was the dude in the white's name.. OMFG! I just thought of him as the White Power Ranger. Sweet colors and sweet bike!!! HELL YA!!!!!!!! RRH HOWLSSSSSSS! I also yelled "go whitey" when he went by lol..ppl there thought I was nutts...but really just a tad buzzed and in love! ;)

SO THAT was the dude in the white's name.. OMFG! I just thought of him as the White Power Ranger. Sweet colors and sweet bike!!! HELL YA!!!!!!!! RRH HOWLSSSSSSS! I also yelled "go whitey" when he went by lol..ppl there thought I was nutts...but really just a tad buzzed and in love! ;)

Yates is very good at Mid-O. Back in the late 90's ~ early 00's it was his track, and he would either dominate or crash out trying.

Based on yesterday's race, I wouldn't be surprised if he takes the top spot today.

Those Jordan bikes were definitely looking good, and I'm glad to see them doing well.

Yates is very good at Mid-O. Back in the late 90's ~ early 00's it was his track, and he would either dominate or crash out trying.

Based on yesterday's race, I wouldn't be surprised if he takes the top spot today.

Those Jordan bikes were definitely looking good, and I'm glad to see them doing well.

Ok your now appointed as my guide to whatever this dude does! ;) Hehe. I just love the white...totally SOLD!

Now these are freaking fantastic photo's, where are you renting that first rate glass? I'm about to pull the trigger on a Zeiss zoom for my Sony but I sure would like to try before I buy.

Thanks man.

Lens Rentals.com

They have just about anything you could want for most of the major systems out there. The process was very smooth, and the prices reasonable considering what it would cost to buy the lens.

Yeah, we'd actually be interesting in hearing what you used for camera gear.

These were all taken with my 40D and a Canon 100-400L IS lens that I rented from the above site. Some of them were shot on a monopod, but most were hand-held.

The clouds yesterday made for some really good lighting, so I really lucked out there.

Thanks man.

Lens Rentals.com

They have just about anything you could want for most of the major systems out there. The process was very smooth, and the prices reasonable considering what it would cost to buy the lens.

Wow, considering most of those lenses cost well over a thousand dollars that is some crazy good prices.

Good job nonetheless