Wed 7-22 trip

mikera67

Going to Start in Pickerington, can meet at the AMA museum, head to Mt veron, then coshocton, to Salt fork then run back roads south of I 70 below Buckeye lake to 204 back to Pickerington, total route 211 miles, I plan on leaving about 830-900am and a strict return by 4pm. Open for ideas, changes.

Mike

i'll ride if you start up a little farther north than pickerington

i have yet to do a long ride with the ninja and i have yet to ride with anybody

i tend to just ride on my own since i dont know y'all peeps too well

I'm not far from you. Be happy to ride to Picktown with ya.

Originally Posted by Looney viewpost.gif

I'm not far from you. Be happy to ride to Picktown with ya.

well then that makes it a whole lot more bearable!

i'll be fine goin all the way to pickerington if you'll join me

so i guess i'm in then!

Just tryin' to be helpful.:D

Thinking about cutting out the mt vernon part of the trip and head straight to coshocton and running some roads out that way then continue on.

So who is in so far. I'm working on getting another hour off so I could be gone from 10am to 5 pm, I like to stop and smell the roses, plus rest my back from time to time. We can meet at the AMA museum or my house, about 5 minutes away, easy to find.

Mike

Thinking about cutting out the mt vernon part of the trip and head straight to coshocton and running some roads out that way then continue on.

So who is in so far. I'm working on getting another hour off so I could be gone from 10am to 5 pm, I like to stop and smell the roses, plus rest my back from time to time. We can meet at the AMA museum or my house, about 5 minutes away, easy to find.

Mike

I can't make this ride on a weekday but might I suggest you reconsider the road TO Coshocton,

the road you wanna hit is 541 outta Martinsburg, that road rocks and dead ends at Coshocton.

If you stay with running up to Mt Vernon I'd suggest taking 586 out of Mt Vernon to Martinsburg and pickup 541 (it starts there).

Since you will be coming right past here, I wish I didn't have this thing called a job! I'd be ready to go, otherwise! (That's a lie, right now I'd be working on the VF500F in any time I have off.)

Looks much better going into Martinsburg instead of Mt. Vernon. I have a smaller loop plotted out to take sometime that starts here (just outside of Johnstown, pretty much where the mapping programs put you when you enter Johnstown!) but doesn't go over I-70.

I packed rain gear just in case, even brought my dry top I use when white water kayaking, has gaskets in the arms and neck, hope I don't need them.

I plan on doing this every wed., different trip each week, open for suggestions. Plotted a trip to port clinton, marblehead and any route that runs next to the lake, but mileage was getting up there for a 5-7 hour trip, plus that part of the state the roads are flat and straight for the most part, really wanted to take the bikes to put in bay, but not much to ride out there but it would be cool.

Bike is a month old, got 2700 miles on Kelly(named her last night after the 3 kelly's I fell in love with from afar in high school, wife's not pleased but not surprised either) hope to double that before the seasons out(kids back in school, then no babysitter for the youngest, no day rides for me after august).

Looking forward to the ride, cmon Julie, I know you have the day off, and moose, thanks for riding with the wife and I a few days back, can you manage a trip with us tomorrow?

Mike

Looney is out, raining up his way, still dry here i pickerington, for now. Trying to get my babysitter to switch to thursday. Its raining south and west of here, looks like trip is not going to happen today. this sux...

Mike