washing bike without water?

max power

Any sugesstions?

I am a freak about keeping my bike clean, but the last time I washed it, I had some issues and have decided that I need to go the waterless route. Some have told me to just wipe it down with a rag after riding but, anyone who has ridden in Ohio knows that that wont get it clean and I dont want to scratch the paint trying to get bugs off my shit.

So, who has used what and to what end? My research begins here. :cool:

I use glass cleaner and Honda polish along with a paper towel roll.

I used some Meguiars Quick Detail mist (which I'm half convinced is just scented water in a sprits bottle) - It worked out ok to get the nasty stuff off before I use the Honda Polish... Honda polish on last.

I use 1/2 simple green and 1/2 water with one of those microfiber towels....Many can vouch, my bikes are CLEAN! :)

Plus I wipe it down after I ride...but still!

I use a bottle of Turtle Wax Bug and Tar Remover. Just spray it and wait a couple, then go after it with a rung out terry cloth. Never let a paper towel or tissue paper get near your bike! Only 100% Cotton.

Maybe you missed the waterless part. The last time I washed it, it wouldn't start for 2 weeks.

Na. The only thing i can think of that you can spray that takes away dirt, grease, bugs instantly and dries immediately is Brake Cleaner. You don't want to get that near your bike (unless you spray some tissue and use it on bare stainless). For the engine, swing-arm, small areas (not body work) a bug sprayer filled with warm water is awesome.

With a V-Max, there not much body work but there sure is a lot of engine!

Edited by hue jass

Hmm. I have real good luck with the Meguiars spray detailer. I never wash my bike, I just wipe it down and polish it with various goodies.

Hoblick's detailing thread has all kind of good tips.

http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=27363

I learned a lot just reading it, and the bike never looked better.

Honda polish with a micro fiber cloth. Takes all the bugs and grime off. Then I take a clean micro fiber cloth and buff it. I have been contemplating getting some wax to get rid of some of the fine scratches. Oh and the only water that's gotten on my bike is when I've ridden in the rain which I try to make a rare occurrence

....Honda Polish and a microfiber towel.

Had to kill you to say that :p

There's obviously a big fanbase for Honda Polish on here

You can ask Justin, Likwid, Crusher & GoJira to verify.....They all saw how dirty/buggy Birdy was before I entered her in the Mansfield bike show Saturday night, and stood there watching me clean her (translation.....NONE of the LAZY bastards helped me ;) ). All I used was Honda Polish & microfibers, & she cleaned right up..... Plastics, screen & light, swingarm, spring, exhaust, motor parts, forks, etc. In fact..... They were razzin' me about how much more could I do :D

Plus.... Crush thought I was gonna use the whole little can I had with me, and I still have plenty left after doin' the entire bike. Use one microfiber to rub the polish on/off, and another for the final hand buff

She's not had an actual soap & water bath in years, and as someone else said above about theirs..... I think most people will say Birdy is fairly clean when they see her, unless I had to ride a ways to get to them