Cleveland crew to Coshocton 07-26-09

Uncle Punk

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 400 mile loop routed out all inside Ohio that I would like to try. Of course it includes 255 because that road rocks. The mapping program says it will take 9:15 to complete not including stops. I would plan on about an eleven hour day with gas stops between 85 to 100 miles and one quick stop to eat at probably a Subway. This would be more of a forced march pace that would not include a ride debriefing at every stop. I would like to leave the day we do this open so it can include as many people who would like to try such a ride. I am sure that ultimately I'll end up picking a date and will have to exclude someone with a scheduling conflict. Jinx and Justin both like opposite days of the weekend so right there one of them is eliminated.

The next two weekends are open for me then I have a whole weekend commitment and the next two weekends after that open.

Tony, you missed a good time but it might not have been organized enough for your taste. Hell it wasn't organized enough for mine either. All was forgiven once we started to ride. In all fairness to the Coshocton guys it's hard to prepare for the large crowd that showed up and some of the timing issues weren't their fault. They were trying not to leave anyone out from the ride even if they were making up their own schedules for the rest of us. Not gonna happen with everyone who plans a group ride. If you make it to a ride you have its full support and safety but if you arrive late, see you next time.

Udell, I’m happy for you that you are more comfortable riding that only makes you faster. If I helped you out in some way could you elaborate more about that, if it helped you out maybe it could help others as well.

I like to run a tighter ship when I'm involved with groups like this ride. Schedules are important to some people so if there are time constraints I like to give full disclosure. I am all for killing a day without an agenda when I sometimes have that luxury of time but this usually isn't the case for everyone. This will be my only comment about the failure of the Columbus crews ride to Coshocton but that shit will not be happening on my watch. I like to have a bike count and I recount at every stop. That way we know how far back to look if anyone comes up missing. This is also a two way obligation and if you are part of a group and need to leave tell someone so we don't spend the rest of the ride looking for you. The Columbus disaster could have been worse and I hope it gives us all the experience to learn from it.

The lesson was learned and we know we failed big time.

The lesson was learned and we know we failed big time.

Thanks for responding to this and I was hoping you guys wouldn't take offense to my comments. This post was meant to show some of our local riders why I act like a den mother when I feel responsible for a group outing. There is nothing wrong with not having experience with group riding; hopefully we all have learned something here.

See I knew this would happen. I just spoke to Avenger and 8-8, 8-9 are both no good for him. What does may be my ccw weekend mean, it is or it isn't. Does anyone want to ride this next weekend? I know it might be rough scheduling back to back weekends but I'm game.

This weekend I have to do handgun instruction on Saturday. Not sure about 8th and 9th just yet, but will more than likely have to head down to Nati. After that I should be good for a couple weeks I think.

This is funny we are never going to make it work for everyone. Now Avenger tells me he can't make it on 8-1 but might be able to on 8-8. I would tend to take advantage of the first opportunity that comes up weather permitting. If we start to schedule a few weeks from now it could rain and then we would be looking at the end of August. I was hoping to get in a few more good long rides this summer.

Okay....lets make this a fruitful weekend than. Norwalk on Fri. or Sat. later afternoon or evening so I can show Justin how to make 1/4 mile passes and then a full Ohio run on Sunday.

Sounds like a plan to me.

I'm leaning toward 8-2 also I just checked the weather and it looks good for that day. The route is 398 miles from 82 & 83 and back. 83 to 550 to 26 to 800 to 7 to 255 to 800 to 250 to 83. This can be changed up if you guys from up here want to do 536. Where 26 runs into 800 instead of going down 800 to 7 we could take 78 to 536. I don't care which route as long as we keep 255 in it. There has been a lot of talk about 536 so I understand folks wanting to check it out.

I'm leaning toward 8-2 also I just checked the weather and it looks good for that day. The route is 398 miles from 82 & 83 and back. 83 to 550 to 26 to 800 to 7 to 255 to 800 to 250 to 83. This can be changed up if you guys from up here want to do 536. Where 26 runs into 800 instead of going down 800 to 7 we could take 78 to 536. I don't care which route as long as we keep 255 in it. There has been a lot of talk about 536 so I understand folks wanting to check it out.

How is that southern stretch of 83? I haven't ridden it in about 2 years, it wasn't in very good shape back then.

The 1st 15 miles of 26 out of Marietta is recently repaved and very nice.