Cleveland crew to Coshocton 07-26-09

Uncle Punk

Coshocton ride info here. http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=31064

Cleveland crew meeting here. http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=41.314525,-82.021229&z=18&t=h&hl=en CircleK 36024 W Royalton Road

Depending on where you are coming from you might need to to avoid the detour that is north of this location between 82 and Lorain Road on 83. This is a real detour the road is actually blocked and you can't get through.

A mapping program says its 83 miles from 82 & 83 to Adams house and it takes 1:41 to make the trip. We will be leaving the meeting place at 8:45 gassed up and ready to go. If you show up late you can catch up to us since we will be traveling south along 83 all the way to Coshocton. I usually ride about 70 MPH down 83 where the limit is 55, I go faster when passing to leave room behind me for others to pass safely, I will also pass on double yellows where I feel its safe. Do not follow if you don't have room to make a pass another opportunity will come along. This route gets fun south of Millersburg for about 20 miles and will be a nice warmup for the ride Adam has planned. I will quicken the pace through the curves in this area and slow it back down to 70 on the straights. We will be stopping again for gas in Coshocton at the BP next to McDonalds so we will be gassed up and ready to go on Adam's ride. This should get us to Adam's house inside his 10:30 - 11:00ish window. I will PM my number to anyone who needs it. I will also start a list of people who are going to make this ride.

Uncle Punk

InyaAzz

EricKerecz

robsgsxr1000

knicks360

KTMRIDER

Jinx

jbctown

Avenger

JRMMiii

Maybe

Tpoppa

shittygsxr - Columbus

neohiofan

bebo600rr

From the meeting place wheels will be turning at 8:45 I will be there at 8:30 to be gassed up and ready to leave by then. If you arrive late catch up to us but we do not wait for you until you are part of the group. After that the group will make sure we stay together and that no one has a problem. No one will be left behind unless we all agree on that decision. Remember there is a detour on 83; plan accordingly to make our departure time.

With all that said, shit happens, bikes break down, a whole lot of other unforeseen things can and will take place. The leaving time does not have a lot if any spare room for this but who wants to leave at 8:00 especially if it takes them an hour to make it to our leaving spot. The Columbus and Dayton crews could have an issue in route that might delay our departure once we get to Coshocton and we might delay them, this is one of the pitfalls of group riding.

We will be doing two loops around the Coshocton area, if we leave for the first loop at 11:00 that gives us seven hours to do both loops so we can start heading home by 6:00, this should get us home by dark. Adam has stated he has plans for 6:00 so I’m sure he will be doing what he can to make this happen. I mapped out the first loop last night and it is 77 miles and it takes 2:08 to complete. This gives us plenty of time to gas up again for the second loop and complete it by 6:00, maybe, shit happens. As far as group rides go this will be as organized as possible for the size of the group.

Edited by Uncle Punk

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think...I think...I can make this. I probably have one good ride left in my tires...maybe 2. I plan on spending Saturday in Ann Arbor..so if I come back Saturday night, I should be good..

As long as we're back by say 6 or 7.

When are you heading up to Ann Arbor? Are you riding?

I think I am going to this ride on Sunday and may start from Lorain with you guys

When are you heading up to Ann Arbor? Are you riding?

I think I am going to this ride on Sunday and may start from Lorain with you guys

I'm probably going to cage it up to AA on Saturday. I'm taking my sis and my niece to the movies to see Harry Potter. You're welcome to come along if you want.

I've ridden that area, but it's been about 3 years. If I can make it, I'll prolly take 93 from Beach City to Coshocton.

Any idea how long it takes to ride the loops around Coshocton?

Oh...and it looks like there will be a big turnout. How did they organize the ride last time? I'm guessing they split into a few groups.

Edited by Tpoppa

How did they organize the ride last time? I'm guessing they split into a few groups.

It was one group last time and it worked out well. I think I rode in the faster half of the group for most of the ride so I can't really speak for the other half of the group. I know it goes against what most people think they know about group rides me included but the guys from Coshocton really work well together to keep things organized. It's fun to watch the fast guys disappear and the slower guys are fast by most standards. You will fit in just fine and I’m sure you will find a spot in the group where you won’t be bored with the pace.

I would like to be back to the Cleveland meeting place by no later than 8:00. I still have bugs on my jacket from the last ride because we rode through dusk.

It was one group last time and it worked out well. I think I rode in the faster half of the group for most of the ride so I can't really speak for the other half of the group. I know it goes against what most people think they know about group rides me included but the guys from Coshocton really work well together to keep things organized. It's fun to watch the fast guys disappear and the slower guys are fast by most standards. You will fit in just fine and I’m sure you will find a spot in the group where you won’t be bored with the pace.

I would like to be back to the Cleveland meeting place by no later than 8:00. I still have bugs on my jacket from the last ride because we rode through dusk.

I am laughing at the 'I think I rode with the faster half of the group' statement. Really? You think? :lol:

SRSLY, getting back before 8 is a must for me.

Nobody wants to ride with an arrogant overconfident prick; I have ridden with a few people this summer who are faster than me. I'm sure there are people faster than them also. It doesn't matter how fast you are if you’re having fun. Come ride with us, if the pace is too slow go up front we’ll post the route ahead of time, if the pace is too fast fall back until you’re comfortable the route will be posted ahead of time, it’s all good.

You know I know this already...I'm giving you a hard time ya know. Especially for the race war you tried to start with me via PM :lol:

I know you are a humble guy...that's why it's funny. Add to it the fact that your baby is strapped to the back and it's even more hilarious if you ask me.

BTW I think I saw a helmet that would fit the baby.

You know I know this already...I'm giving you a hard time ya know. Especially for the race war you tried to start with me via PM :lol:

I know you are a humble guy...that's why it's funny. Add to it the fact that your baby is strapped to the back and it's even more hilarious if you ask me.

BTW I think I saw a helmet that would fit the baby.

No comment I don't wish to be banned. It was an off color remark that I had to call to apologize for. You have a PM.

Where and how much? I am getting too much attention with the baby on back I'm hoping the helmet will fix this.

No comment I don't wish to be banned. It was an off color remark that I had to call to apologize for. You have a PM.

Where and how much? I am getting too much attention with the baby on back I'm hoping the helmet will fix this.

Apologize for what? There had better not be an apology in my inbox. I told you it wasn't a problem for me...it was all in good fun. There was no need to apologize!! SRSLY, if there is an apology in my inbox I'm going to call child services!!

Here's a pic, $27:

Dog_Helmet.jpg

http://www.zoomergear.com/product.html

Not sure if there's cheaper out there..I saw it in the back of a bike mag and immediately thought of the little one.

EDIT: Nice one UP...Nice one.. :lol:

Edited by InyaAzz

bah...im not gonna be able to go...a cousin is movin to buffalo this weekend and i completely forgot...i have never been on a ride like this before though, i only got my bike 2 months ago, so if there's anythin in the works near future someone please hit me up