Cleveland crew to Coshocton 07-26-09

Uncle Punk

I have been on 83 recently and forgot about the detours. 83 has a detour on it just north of 82 south of Lorain Road. It is easy to get around though and 83 is clear of detours from there to Coshocton. I haven't seen any other meeting spots mentioned yet. The times and distance I posted earlier are from 82 & 83 if we meet north of that spot which is north of the detour we will need to start earlier.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been on 83 recently and forgot about the detours. 83 has a detour on it just north of 82 south of Lorain Road. It is easy to get around though and 83 is clear of detours from there to Coshocton. I haven't seen any other meeting spots mentioned yet. The times and distance I posted earlier are from 82 & 83 if we meet north of that spot which is north of the detour we will need to start earlier.

The 82/83 meeting spot is good...it was just a warning for anyone coming through the detour area.

I will be sooooooooo pissed if Mother Nature decides to crap on us.

This sounds really interesting.. I've some plans to go to Putin Bay this Sunday, but may postpone that..

Yeah.. weather will be a huge factor. Please keep me in the loop. Also, can one of you post the physical address of where you guys are planning to meet. I'm from Fairlawn, Ohio (6 miles from Akron).

This will be my first group ride and I'm so excited and kinda nervous looking at few comments. I rode a 200CC motorcycle for 7 years back in my home country and its less than a month I bought my current ride...

Are you guys planning to ride alone or with a passenger.. just curious!

See ya all soon..

That spot worked out good a few weeks back and I could meet up with drumbtzz out this way and roll out if he wants.

thanks for the offer bro but i know im not gonna make it, i got sat afternoon/night free to ride wherev/with whoev this weekend thats it...if you want to then hit me up or ill catch ya some other time cool

The meeting place for the Cleveland crew is now at 36024 W ROYALTON ROAD this might change but it's starting to look like it's not going to. The meeting place we are going to is in the link from the original post in this thread.

We did two loops the last time we did the Coshocton ride. Adam the guy who posted the ride rode two up for the first loop. He lives local though so she only rode for 60 miles. We put on about 400 miles the last time going down there from Cleveland. Most women will not do that many miles on the back of a sportbike in one day. YMMV.

The meeting place for the Cleveland crew is now at 36024 W ROYALTON ROAD this might change but it's starting to look like it's not going to. The meeting place we are going to is in the link from the original post in this thread.

We did two loops the last time we did the Coshocton ride. Adam the guy who posted the ride rode two up for the first loop. He lives local though so she only rode for 60 miles. We put on about 400 miles the last time going down there from Cleveland. Most women will not do that many miles on the back of a sportbike in one day. YMMV.

Thanks for your response. Please let me know if the thread on my rear tire is good enough for such a ride. I've have an appointment for tire installation next week.

http://www.ohio-riders.com/album.php?albumid=557&pictureid=5718

picture.php?albumid=557&pictureid=5717

Edited by chandu_732

You say CircleK I say 36024 W ROYALTON ROAD lets call the whole thing off.

Same thing only different.

That tire is close but I did a 375 mile trip with a tire like that. It depends on if that is a dual compound tire or not. Not = no go. Getting a new tire the same day shouldn't be a problem though, almost every shop I know of in this current economy will do one the same day.

I've ridden that area, but it's been about 3 years. If I can make it, I'll prolly take 93 from Beach City to Coshocton.

Hey Tony, roughly what time will you be passing through Beach City - I could meet you there? I would like to join this ride - I've ridden a few roads in that aree before but would love to check out the ones the locals rate highly.

The only one riding without a passenger will be R1Crusher, so he can show off his ass-less chaps. Here he is at Mid Ohio.

AsslessChaps.jpg

Oh shit! I'm sorry Inya...I almost forgot to return those to you. They def. don't get the chicks like you said.

Oh shit! I'm sorry Inya...I almost forgot to return those to you. They def. don't get the chicks like you said.

No sweat. I know you were embarrassed to buy them in the store. I'll return them and get you your refund. Hopefully the ball sweat was kept to a minimum.

Hey Tony, roughly what time will you be passing through Beach City - I could meet you there? I would like to join this ride - I've ridden a few roads in that aree before but would love to check out the ones the locals rate highly.

Bill,

I'm 50/50 for this ride, I'll let you know if I'm going for sure. I was trying to remember how long it takes to ride from Bolivar to Coshocton via 93. It's a little over an hour if memory serves.

This sounds really interesting.. I've some plans to go to Putin Bay this Sunday, but may postpone that..

Yeah.. weather will be a huge factor. Please keep me in the loop. Also, can one of you post the physical address of where you guys are planning to meet. I'm from Fairlawn, Ohio (6 miles from Akron).

This will be my first group ride and I'm so excited and kinda nervous looking at few comments. I rode a 200CC motorcycle for 7 years back in my home country and its less than a month I bought my current ride...

Are you guys planning to ride alone or with a passenger.. just curious!

See ya all soon..

come on down, as for the tire it looks pretty wore but as someone siad u shoulda be able to get changed quickly
Bill,

I'm 50/50 for this ride, I'll let you know if I'm going for sure. I was trying to remember how long it takes to ride from Bolivar to Coshocton via 93. It's a little over an hour if memory serves.

hope u guys can make it. thats just above philly dover right??

Bill,

Tony, yes I think you're right - just about an hour I'd say, not much more.

hope u guys can make it. thats just above philly dover right??

..yes that's the place, just north of Dover, right next to Zoar. We head down from Bolivar on 93 quite often - usually don't go through Coshocton though, but head through West Lafayette instead. I bet it's no more than 45 mins from Bolivar to West Lafayette. Add 10-15 mins for traffic and getting lost in Coshocton.

I'll definitely try to make it for this ride. You mentioned the Dam. Is that Mohawk Dam? I like that road a lot.

Edited by bambam

hey guys i'm thinkin about going if i get my service done on my bike. It's the first one so i have to take it so the warranty will kick in. So hopefully i'll be there at 82 and 83...

No you don't but I'm not going to recommend otherwise. Will you still be under a RPM restriction after your first service? I'm too lazy to remember. Hope to see you there.

Sounds reasonable, $165 to $180 for tire $20 to $30 for mounting plus taxes, works for me. What tire brand and model?

Thanks. I'm not sure about the model but the brand is Dunlop. Usually they go for 250 and the guy told that some sale is going on and hence 160 for the tire.

Tony, yes I think you're right - just about an hour I'd say, not much more.

..yes that's the place, just north of Dover, right next to Zoar. We head down from Bolivar on 93 quite often - usually don't go through Coshocton though, but head through West Lafayette instead. I bet it's no more than 45 mins from Bolivar to West Lafayette. Add 10-15 mins for traffic and getting lost in Coshocton.

I'll definitely try to make it for this ride. You mentioned the Dam. Is that Mohawk Dam? I like that road a lot.

larafyette to my house is like 5-6 mins.

yes its mohawk area as were going to be out on other roads around there too :)

I may get the tire change done tomorrow. State 8 quoted me 200 installed for my rear tire. Is this reasonable? Now, I'm very positive that I'm gonna make it..

u guys and paying ppl to do ur work... by a set of tyre tools for 10-15 bucks and change them urself, and then change ur buddies tyres for 15-20 bucks a pop and call them sucka's