Cleveland crew to Coshocton 07-26-09

Uncle Punk

Wow, this is a touchy subject just like oil is. I am going to try and tread lightly, is your front a Dunlop? What kind of riding do you do or plan to do. Dual compounds, sport, sport touring you need to know the model you are buying.

Thanks Uncle Punk for your response. My front and rear tires currently are Bridgestone Battlax and Super8 doesn't have them in stock. I ordered one online and it'll be here next week. Dealer told me that the front tire has enough thread to last 2 more seasons. BTW, I'm riding with you guys this Sunday :safemotorcycle:. So I don't have any other option than riding with my worn rear tire. Once I meet you guys Sunday morning, if you think that might become dangerous then probably I'll back off :cry:. I'm riding the bike (70 mile round trip) twice/thrice a week and I feel pretty comfortable though.

Let's see how this goes..

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No you don't but I'm not going to recommend otherwise. Will you still be under a RPM restriction after your first service? I'm too lazy to remember. Hope to see you there.

No i wont be under a RPM restriction because they will have check my valves and check all clearances and change my oil.... but i should be there if it doesnt rain to hard lol....

I'm officially out. The wife needs me to come down to the Nati to help care for her ill father (tumor in the brain). He's not getting worse but not getting better either and she's just exhausted trying to do everything.

Oh well...this is the way my riding season has gone. Not a single good all day ride.

We'll miss you Kevin but I understand, if this ride was planned for Saturday I wouldn't be making it for a family commitment, don't sweat it.

High: 81 °F RealFeel®: 81 °F

Intervals of clouds and sunshine with a shower or thunderstorm possible

I'm officially out. The wife needs me to come down to the Nati to help care for her ill father (tumor in the brain). He's not getting worse but not getting better either and she's just exhausted trying to do everything.

Oh well...this is the way my riding season has gone. Not a single good all day ride.

If you are driving through columbus and get hungry give me a call and I will meet you for some grub

The family is more important then the ride be safe

Well....I got a txt this evening from the wife. Her father got admitted to the hospital for a high sugar count, 600+. So they're going to keep him for a couple days. It just doesn't seem like things are ever going to turn around.

Sorry for the thread jack.

If you are driving through columbus and get hungry give me a call and I will meet you for some grub

I will more than likely be heading through sometime between 5:30 and 7:30pm tomorrow. I could use a pit stop for a few if you'll be around. Shoot me a txt and let me know.

Hey guys and gals...this is the ride Nazi...I'd just like to stress the importance of the start time. Some of us REALLY need to get back before dark, and sitting at Circle K for 30 minutes shooting the shit won't help. I'm not anti-social , I'd just like to get going ASAP so we can get back before dark.

Thank you ride Nazi... From the meeting place wheels will be turning at 8:45 I will be there at 8:30 to be gassed up and ready to leave by then. If you arrive late catch up to us but we do not wait for you until you are part of the group. After that the group will make sure we stay together and that no one has a problem. No one will be left behind unless we all agree on that decision. Remember there is a detour on 83; plan accordingly to make our departure time.

With all that said, shit happens, bikes break down, a whole lot of other unforeseen things can and will take place. The leaving time does not have a lot if any spare room for this but who wants to leave at 8:00 especially if it takes them an hour to make it to our leaving spot. The Columbus and Dayton crews could have an issue in route that might delay our departure once we get to Coshocton and we might delay them, this is one of the pitfalls of group riding.

We will be doing two loops around the Coshocton area, if we leave for the first loop at 11:00 that gives us seven hours to do both loops so we can start heading home by 6:00, this should get us home by dark. Adam has stated he has plans for 6:00 so I’m sure he will be doing what he can to make this happen. I mapped out the first loop last night and it is 77 miles and it takes 2:08 to complete. This gives us plenty of time to gas up again for the second loop and complete it by 6:00, maybe, shit happens. As far as group rides go this will be as organized as possible for the size of the group.