Cleveland crew to Coshocton 07-26-09

Uncle Punk

I know this is gonna sound dumb but does anyone else have an opinion on 536? I hate to be a dick and bring this back to the new topic but I want to know so I can post a route in a new thread that won't need to be changed.

Edited by Uncle Punk

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey...that's tomorrow. Are you sure you'll be allowed?

Oh wait....you have to play volleyball in...*cough cough*...Lakewood tomorrow.

Don't want you to have a ruff day in the office on Thursday either.

I know this is gonna sound dumb but does anyone else have an opinion on 536? I hate to be a dick and bring this back on topic but I want to know so I can post a route in a new thread that won't need to be changed.

As I stated previously to this question, I'll take whatever route you put together.

Back off topic now.

:D

Hey...that's tomorrow. Are you sure you'll be allowed?

Oh wait....you have to play volleyball in...*cough cough*...Lakewood tomorrow.

Don't want you to have a ruff day in the office on Thursday either.

Tomorrow it's going to rain.

And volleyball in Westlake is scheduled for Thursday this week :p Don't lump me in with your Lakewood gay bar crowd...

I know this is gonna sound dumb but does anyone else have an opinion on 536? I hate to be a dick and bring this back to the new topic but I want to know so I can post a route in a new thread that won't need to be changed.

I am good with whatever route as well

Fuggin' ninjas....always droppin' in unannounced....killin' a thread or 10 and sneakin' out.

Don't you have something to fix still?!?!?

:popcorn:

you know you love my kung fu grip. if you're referring to my ape, ya, it needs an uncracked oil tank. lol. hopefully, that will be all that's standing in my way to replacing my 600rr with the ape for track duty. but the 600rr has been super fun to ride around so far, so i'm not in a big rush.

UP, if you want another opinion, I'd say if your route goes right by it (and it seems like you'll be near that area anyway) it doesn't hurt to ride it. I mean, it's a bit bumpy in the corners, but it is still fun. I'd say go for it since you'll be close. it isn't too much of a detour, i dont think. i wouldn't recommend people to ride a 100 miles just to hit 536 and head back home (i think some have done that), but if it's on the way... why not.

All I hear Justin saying is, "I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters: not the mortgage, not the job, not my girlfriend and all her bullshit. For those 14.63 seconds or more, I'm free."

you know you love my kung fu grip. if you're referring to my ape, ya, it needs an uncracked oil tank. lol. hopefully, that will be all that's standing in my way to replacing my 600rr with the ape for track duty. but the 600rr has been super fun to ride around so far, so i'm not in a big rush.

Yup, that would be what I was referring to. :D I think it would be cheaper to stick with the 600 for the track since parts are cheaper.

Tony, you missed a good time but it might not have been organized enough for your taste. Hell it wasn't organized enough for mine either. All was forgiven once we started to ride. In all fairness to the Coshocton guys it's hard to prepare for the large crowd that showed up and some of the timing issues weren't their fault. They were trying not to leave anyone out from the ride even if they were making up their own schedules for the rest of us. Not gonna happen with everyone who plans a group ride. If you make it to a ride you have its full support and safety but if you arrive late, see you next time.

Udell, I’m happy for you that you are more comfortable riding that only makes you faster. If I helped you out in some way could you elaborate more about that, if it helped you out maybe it could help others as well.

I like to run a tighter ship when I'm involved with groups like this ride. Schedules are important to some people so if there are time constraints I like to give full disclosure. I am all for killing a day without an agenda when I sometimes have that luxury of time but this usually isn't the case for everyone.

I know you guys have already moved on to another topic but i just wanted to apologize for being late and holding everyone up. I overslept and thought I could still make it out to the ride in time. Anyway, I'm usually pretty punctual and promise I will be for future rides.

Carry on!

I know you guys have already moved on to another topic but i just wanted to apologize for being late and holding everyone up. I overslept and thought I could still make it out to the ride in time. Anyway, I'm usually pretty punctual and promise I will be for future rides.

Carry on!

nobody was mad at you for being late we were waiting on others too , and besides you were the only one there that wasnt in on the dick measureing contest :D that all the haters think we were having, Ill gladly follow you over john any day your tail looks nicer ...... er I mean taillight:rolleyes:

Carry on!

No apologies needed, that’s how the Coshocton crew works and we took advantage of that the last ride. Avenger met us for the second loop and the whole group waited 15 or 20 minutes for him to arrive. I thought it was really cool of them to do that when I asked. No one knew who I was or who Avenger was but they waited for a fellow rider, just one more of the many nuances that is the Coshocton experience.

I was pretty militant with telling the Cleveland group “don’t be late” or we will be pulling out without you and I felt kind of bad for being such a dick when I didn't need to be. I should have remembered how accommodating the guys were and not sweated it. From now on we are going to see how late we can make it and still make the ride. That will teach em.

No apologies needed, that’s how the Coshocton crew works and we took advantage of that the last ride. Avenger met us for the second loop and the whole group waited 15 or 20 minutes for him to arrive. I thought it was really cool of them to do that when I asked. No one knew who I was or who Avenger was but they waited for a fellow rider, just one more of the many nuances that is the Coshocton experience.

I was pretty militant with telling the Cleveland group “don’t be late” or we will be pulling out without you and I felt kind of bad for being such a dick when I didn't need to be. I should have remembered how accommodating the guys were and not sweated it. From now on we are going to see how late we can make it and still make the ride. That will teach em.

Yeah...that was cool as hell of them to wait for someone they NEVER met or even talked to for that matter...Great group of guys, I'll vouch for that !!:cheers:

nobody was mad at you for being late we were waiting on others too , and besides you were the only one there that wasnt in on the dick measureing contest :D that all the haters think we were having, Ill gladly follow you over john any day your tail looks nicer ...... er I mean taillight:rolleyes:

Ok, good! I felt like I should make an apology speech when I got to the parking lot and thirty people were standing around waiting....

And um yeah, the naysayers really pissed me off in the other thread. Don't talk crap when you have never even been on a ride out there with those guys!

Usually I'm with you, though..... I have a girlfriend who always makes me wait cause she pushes it too late and I hate that cause I'm normally very punctual and I don't want someone to waste my time.

The Coshocton guys are cool. I was leery of them from what they post on the board but when we were out there, I felt in good hands. Little ballsy but that's alright. You crazies can have your front and I'll try to gain experience in the back and hopefully some day I'll be up there with ya ;)

I'll take ya up on that one Justin !! :metal:

I'll shoot you a message the next time I plan on going out. I leave work a little early, so I can get some extra time trials in. I try to be home and not leave my house any later than 5PM to get out there by 5:45.

All I hear Justin saying is, "I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters: not the mortgage, not the job, not my girlfriend and all her bullshit. For those 14.63 seconds or more, I'm free."

14.63 - I wondered what your Gixxer ran in the 1/4. You may want to work on your launch.

Yeah...that was cool as hell of them to wait for someone they NEVER met or even talked to for that matter...Great group of guys, I'll vouch for that !!:cheers:

Yea, great guys, I mean, who else was going to push your Kawi? :p

Aaawww Fuck you are trying to kill me. I did forget about that already good thing we planned the street ride for this weekend. Dual sport ride won't be canceled because of rain.

Trust me guys KTMRIDER is a much better street rider than I am a dirt rider. I'm going to be sucking hind tit all day.

STFU! Not on Sunday!

Kosmo, sorry you have family obligations and we'll miss you but the extra time will give you a chance to work on your English until we see you again. I know you have been on 536 whets your opinion about including it or not.

I will definitely say to include it.....and ride both ways and it's worth it....as far as I remember one blind decreasing radius right hand turn had pretty bad gravels and that's about it, rest were clean.....there are some residential areas but they were all in straight or sweepers sections......twisties were clean and almost no traffic....have fun at the bottom last U turn near Hannibal which has a stop sign.....on uphill that's the good place to drag a knee (even if you cross yellow) as you will see the oncoming traffic (if any).

Have fun guys and be safe.

536map.jpg