pics from grattan on Gixxie750's bike

cbrjess0815

It was a great time. Learnning a new bike on a track is never easy but in the end it was fun to put around grattan on a very fun bike. my favorite part was without a doubt, annihilating peopl in the straightaway. while I would love to have more pics(especially of the battles I had with some of the other riders) I'm extremely happy with that weekend. Props to Suziki for making a very fun bike and props to Brandon for letting me ride it for a weekend. That made it the best 4th of July I've ever had....IMG_0901.jpg

IMG_2026.jpg

IMG_2188.jpg

IMG_2307.jpg

IMG_3334.jpg

IMG_3344.jpg

IMG_4948.jpg

IMG_6475.jpg

Edited by cbrjess0815

so do i... it felt really weird being on somebody else's bike. definitely hindered progress. grattan is a teechnical and bumpy(altho i do <3 the bumps) track and i cant allow myself mentally to go out and let go on someone else's bike. i was not at all unsatisfied with my performance once we left but at first on saturday i was highly discouraged. i felt like i needed to be in novice. but as the days progressed i learned to love that bike after all!

Jess,

Im heading up there in Sept still, was the track that bad? It ll only be my 4th/5th track days, assuming I run sat and sunday... Im a tad nervous about the track.

You def. look like you tore it up, any pointers etc would be amazing. I don't think I m going to get a walk around or anything special but then again its an STT event so might not be too bad.

Good stuff!! Youre badass.

Jess,

Im heading up there in Sept still, was the track that bad? It ll only be my 4th/5th track days, assuming I run sat and sunday... Im a tad nervous about the track.

You def. look like you tore it up, any pointers etc would be amazing. I don't think I m going to get a walk around or anything special but then again its an STT event so might not be too bad.

Good stuff!! Youre badass.

you can walk it during the saturday evening break. my only pointer is gonna be hard for you to face: the bumps are there, but ride over them as if they arent. thats the only advice i will give you for this track. its not super fast, like you will discover a Putnam, it is slower speeds, but more lean angles(like mid ohio) and you will be going over some crazy bumpy shit. IMO, yes it sis very bumpy, but thats why this track is so fun. if you face that hinderance head on and hit the turns that have bumps as if they arent there, you will learn how to haul serious ass. and you can too! thats the cool thing about grattan. if you ignore the bumps, it has the same challange as mid ohio, with a twist!!

Grattan is a fun track, I wouldn't say it is that bad for bumps compared to some other tracks. I feel it is a very technical track though. It is much tighter then Mid-O and if you make a mistake in the technical section of the track you will be fighting to recover through the next couple of turns. I really like the track and hope to go back sometime soon.