Bike Trip-Opinions/Ideas/Advice Needed

Artmageddon

I dunno. Maybe I'll just flip a coin, and then go the opposite way that it tells me.

lol i only read to the post i quoted when i replied. funny that you said this :)

but please, do what the coin says. do not go against its wisdom. it would be a grave mistake.

Ohio to Mt Rushmore seems like a hellava ride for dual sports. Comfy?

I was on the V-strom, I kept joking with them I felt bad because it was like riding an easy chair on the long straight roads. Jon and Tom never complained and their choice in rides payed off big time out there when roads were unpaved. Reason # 5 the front rim on the V-strom had to be repaired. :lol:

Thanks for asking, but yeah, actually I'm better than I have been in years. :badgerrock:

That is the point of the trip; right now I feel good, have the time, and bit of extra money to do it.

Come September, it's back to work on my masters, I work full time, and I have a feeling that in the next year or two my wife and I will have a child. Road trips like this will be few and far between.

I just want to take advantage of the freedom I have at this moment.

Good for you brother.:) I have ridden from OHIO to FL and back and that is a great ride if you have the time to stop and enjoy some spots along the way.

I hope the ride is a blast and I agree with Green, just remember the camera.

I have wanted to plan a distance trip with free time to roam since I got my bike back so I am jealous as hell. Next time your up for it and want company just call!