FS: 1990 Suzuki VX800

Ryan_c_F

Morning, all,

I believe it is time to step up from my starter ride. After a solid 4000 miles, my Suzuki needs a new owner.

Asking $2499 obo, and I'm open to full or partial trades (plus cash from you to me, or from me to you) for older large-displacement sportbikes/standards.

Mileage as of today - 122XX

Craigslist link - http://cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/1282840841.html

Bike has been a champ for me, but I'm looking into a sport-tourer for my next ride... GSX1100 or a CBR1000, something along that line.

2927a0h.jpg

315xssg.jpg

ig9mqv.jpg

It's been a tremendous starter bike for me, so if any of you have friends (especially larger-framed friends; I'm 6'3" 300-something and I fit) who are looking to start or friends who're looking to move up from a Ninja 250, give me a call or PM me.

Thanks for looking!

Don't mean to be an ass man....just trying to help. How much did you originally pay for the bike? Kelly blue book is 1,535$ for the bike. I know it's rare, and you've mentioned work done to it....but being a 90..and not really a sport bike...1500-2000$ seems about right.

Good luck with the sale! Not sure if cycle trader is free to list or not, but you could try them as well.

Well, that wasn't exactly what I was expecting... :(

When I bought it last year, I dropped 2350 into the ride (after haggling him down from $2800, lol).

Lest anyone think that I'm trying to rip off whomever might want to buy the bike, I'm not... I would simply be shooting for enough to defray the immediate cost of another purchase. I don't want to miss a single bit of the season, heh. Add to that the not inconsequential service I've dropped into this ride in the year of ownership and it's looking like the bike shouldn't be for sale right now... that 1500 you quoted wouldn't barely cover the cost of upkeep and maintenence since purchase. The clutch replacement murdered me... :violin:

If you think the price is unfair, then it is. I'll probably delete this thread later tonight.

Well, that wasn't exactly what I was expecting... :(

When I bought it last year, I dropped 2350 into the ride (after haggling him down from $2800, lol).

Lest anyone think that I'm trying to rip off whomever might want to buy the bike, I'm not... I would simply be shooting for enough to defray the immediate cost of another purchase. I don't want to miss a single bit of the season, heh. Add to that the not inconsequential service I've dropped into this ride in the year of ownership and it's looking like the bike shouldn't be for sale right now... that 1500 you quoted wouldn't barely cover the cost of upkeep and maintenence since purchase. The clutch replacement murdered me... :violin:

If you think the price is unfair, then it is. I'll probably delete this thread later tonight.

No one think's your trying to rip anyone off. Value is in the eye of the beholder. If you don't want to take less than average value of the bike, the best option would be to hold on to it. It's a motorcycle. It's win/win.

Yo, Likwid, one of my coworkers is selling a V40 magna for $600.

Mechanically it's in good shape... we just bled the clutch last thursday and it works fine... will need the carbs gone over or the throttle cable adjusted because the engine isn't dropping revs off effectively. Brakes are solid, transmission notches cleanly.

Basically, it needs a solid derusting and cleaning. Will be great after that.

Let me know if you want me to put you in touch with him.