Photos of the bike loaded to go

buildit

Peoples ideas of camping vary greatly. Me a tent, sleeping bag and a day or two of cloths and I'm good. My dads idea of camping was red roof inn. :lol: The real travle nuts in my book are the ones we term "renegade campers". I've seen pics where they pulled into a truck stop and slept under a truck trailer. Worst I've done was hijack a closed camping ground in Pennsylvania for the night. Although on the way to Yellowstone me and two friends did borrow some grass in a development near some $500,000 homes. We joked about them waking up and seeing us and saying, "The Ohioans are here and there goes the neighborhood"! :)

Found the old video of my first renegade camp out. :)

http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r288/luke1324/rides/?action=view&current=officialstoryofcampday3.mp4

Then later on the way to Yellowstone

Day1camping.jpg

Edited by buildit

Never been to a campground with a laundromat. Hell, in those pics you don't even have room for a tent, sleeping bag, stove, food, etc.

Just kidding, my kind of camping requires at least A.C. coffee maker, stripper pole. You know the basics.

Son, you need to roll out to the Gap with my crew. Check my album theres a few pics of our favorite place. Party every night, rated M for might be illegle in most states.

Illegle? Is that like a sick bird? :D

Damn, all those years in fifth grade and I didnt learn shit.

Obviously. Doesn't the GAP sell cloths? They let you party there? I know chasing the girls around the store, that's what you mean by illegal? :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Well actually they are probably too big. The mule is 41 inches wide with them on. :(

As you can see in that picture, it's really easy to over pack. ;) I've even packed firewood before. lol

Of course I trashed the rear shock and since got a Moab Shock with a 550# spring.

I use soft panniers most of the time.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Fully loaded, including a 12-pack I bought along the way, for a week stay at the Gap last year. 450 miles of rain to get there, and still raining for my first trip down the Dragon. Rain covers worked for the Tank and Tail bags, everything in the side bags were in huge Zip-Loc bags. The $100 Tourmaster rain suit was awesome...can't say the same for the Dry-star gloves. After 450 miles, the only things that were wet were my hands.

01Sep292127.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

2010 Yellowstone excursion - 6,000 miles

This was my first long distance trip. Solo. Camping gear, major camera gear, clothes, etc. Doing this again, I think I could cut the amount I carried almost in half. The Wee did fine though, no problems with handling and no hiccups besides losing an ignition key and breaking off my top box key in the lock. Oh, and dropped the bike once on gravel road in the Tetons... and once while parked weird in Cooke City, MT.

126301763.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...