Michael Schumacher is back!!!!!!!!!

Casper

Where were you the rest of the season!? Most interesting F1 season in a long time.
I used to watch F1 religiously. I was a Schumacher fan, and loved watching him and Montoya go at it. Schumacher retired and Montoya went to NASCAR, so I just kinda lost interest. Now we need to get Montoya back in F1.

montoya1-lg.jpg

_2001-brasile-montoya-schumacher.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to watch F1 religiously. I was a Schumacher fan, and loved watching him and Montoya go at it. Schumacher retired and Montoya went to NASCAR, so I just kinda lost interest. Now we need to get Montoya back in F1.

As much as I hate NASCAR I kinda enjoy watching Montoya there. He's starting to get a feel for things and is slowly becoming competitive. Plus I think it's funny when he absolutely dominates the road courses.

As much as I hate NASCAR I kinda enjoy watching Montoya there. He's starting to get a feel for things and is slowly becoming competitive. Plus I think it's funny when he absolutely dominates the road courses.

I had high hopes for him just crushing NASCAR, but he's ended up just okay. Kinda disappointing. I hope he gets better.

Let's get a group together to watch his debut race on Sunday, August 23rd. It's the European Grand Prix in Valencia. I'll post more details here as I know more. And I added it to the calendar.

I AM THERE!!!! SHUMI is my hero!!! i cant believe it!!! amazing stuff! this has made my day! screw that the rest of the racing season. that and who would have ever thought kimi and shumi working together after being rivals for all those years... this is going to be lovely!

i absolutely hate montoya, and he deserves his spot in nascar. so let him keep it! some of the most epic battles were between shumi and mika. those especially their fantastic race at spa in 99 i do believe.

Edited by Casper
fixed quote

i think its funny when people like ron fellows or borris said dominate in terrible cars.... but thats me. as you can tell i hate montoya with a passion.

ya'll know he likes to ride motorcycles as well right? on the track of course, but wont race them.....he's sticking to 4 wheels for that. :-)

No not exactly he has been club racing etc. For a while now and he also ran a few test for wsbk over the winter which I thought was pretty amazing!

True story, I think the two years alonso won the championship over shuni had to be the two most emotional championship losses he has ever had.

Especially when his motor blew at Suzuka during his final season, effectively giving the world title to Alonso.

....Now we need to get Montoya back in F1.

After the way he thinks NASCRAP screwed him last weekend..... This may be more inevitable than you think ;)

After the way he thinks NASCRAP screwed him last weekend..... This may be more inevitable than you think ;)

I don't know that F1 is going to be ready to welcome montoya back with the same welcome as they are with schumi.

So, anyone taking bets on how well he'll do after a 3 year hiatus?

Lance Armstrong 3rd place Tour de France good or Michael Jordan Washington Wizards good.

i have a feeling he will do well, he hasnt exactly been away from f1 either. he has tested all of their cars in the off season and helped to develop them as well. but he hasnt been racing them, and thats a whole different story as we all know.

So, anyone taking bets on how well he'll do after a 3 year hiatus?

Lance Armstrong 3rd place Tour de France good or Michael Jordan Washington Wizards good.

He's been out of racing F1, but he still works for Ferrari. He wasn't completely out of the game. I think he'll do quite well.

i have a feeling he will do well, he hasnt exactly been away from f1 either. he has tested all of their cars in the off season and helped to develop them as well. but he hasnt been racing them, and thats a whole different story as we all know.

He hasn't set foot in the F60 in 2009.

points wise he still has a shot at actually winning the championship.

of course a lot of dominoes have to fall in place for that to happen, but it still could happen.

There is 0% chance of that happening. Plus he doens't inherit Massa's points, he'll actually start accruing his own. So he has a lot of work to do.

He hasn't set foot in the F60 in 2009.

hhhrrrrrmmm... unaware of that. this could be very interesting actually, these new cars are very different from what he was used to last year then. but he does have a good amount of experience with low downforce/high powerd cars from his early years in f1 though. that should help him a little. but he doesnt have ross brawn anymore though....

hhhrrrrrmmm... unaware of that. this could be very interesting actually, these new cars are very different from what he was used to last year then. but he does have a good amount of experience with low downforce/high powerd cars from his early years in f1 though. that should help him a little. but he doesnt have ross brawn anymore though....

Testing ban :rulez: bastards

But he did drive it last year during the early development stages

There is 0% chance of that happening. Plus he doens't inherit Massa's points, he'll actually start accruing his own. So he has a lot of work to do.

o there is still a chance it could happen. I know he doesn't inherit points, but with the way the seasons been the lead guy does not have enough points to have this season locked down.

to say there is 0% chance is wrong, to say slim to none chance well ok..

o there is still a chance it could happen. I know he doesn't inherit points, but with the way the seasons been the lead guy does not have enough points to have this season locked down.

to say there is 0% chance is wrong, to say slim to none chance well ok..

I'm saying 0%. I will wager anything that he won't win. Sure the numbers say it can happen, but it won't. Ever. Lets not get into semantics here.