Deal's Gap area ride - Aug 7-9 anyone?

Earache

Extremely short notice, but anyone wanna go? The wife is going to be outta town next weekend and it's the perfect opportunity for me to toss a Duc in the truck and head south.

Probably leave late Thursday and ride Friday and Saturday, saddle up on Sunday and head back. SO far, one other rider from Indy is going with me.

Anyone?

I'm going to be camping in the general area at that time. I think on those dates I'm staying near Tellico Plains area, but I don't think it's very far from Deal's Gap (40 min?) If you want to try and hook up for a ride while down there, let me know. I leave here Tues morning and will be down around the National Forests (cherokee, natahala, pigsah, etc) until sometime next week (leave the 12th-13th?)

-Dave

Cool beans - will keep you posted if we go. I'm around 75% sure I'll go right now - just waiting to see who's going with me and how we're getting there.

Right now; I plan on tossing the Duc in the truck and heading down. I may pull a trailer with two bikes and another in the truck if a couple of friends come along.

We'd be staying in the Alcoa / Maryville area - about 40 miles up Route 411 from Telico Plains. Telico is a bit more than 40 minutes from Deal's Gap - no matter which way you go - it'd be closer to 90 minutes. But no matter - we hope to see you there! I'll post up some info on when we'll be there (and if we'll be there) later.

Edited by Earache

I'm going to be camping in the general area at that time. I think on those dates I'm staying near Tellico Plains area, but I don't think it's very far from Deal's Gap (40 min?)

It's a little further than you think, I think. Probably about 90 minutes and you are better off going up 68 to 411 and back in on the TN side. Across the skyway is probably 2 hours.

Ride safe and have fun. We're heading down in a couple weeks. This is the route we're taking there and back. I've ridden the first leg before and it's a fantabulous ride. Looking forward to riding the second half' date=' as well. Then, there's the whole 'Dragon Tail' thing to ride.. :D

Deal's Gap Jap Crap Trap Map

If you're going to be that close to this route, (see below), then you just have to do it. Better than Deal's Gap in terms of turns and road surface,NO COPS, not as much traffic...

Shady.jpg

Ends up in Boone, NC which is a nice little college town. Good place to eat and rest for a bit. And then hit the Blue Ridge Parkway over to Ashville and then I-40 into Tennessee.