Patrol: Driver on phone in fatal crash

mrmako777

Both activities' date=' drinking and texting/phoning, are voluntary. They should be placed on the same level regarding punishment.[/quote']

I don't need my government to babysit me. I think I should be able to do whatever I want, but if the actions a choose to do lead to a fuck up, then said fuck up should be punished equally, despite what lead up to it.

Its okay to kill someone because you were on the phone, but not okay if you were wastey face? Doesn't make sense to me

btw: IP I know we're on the same side of the argument. However I don't think we should punish activities, we should punish crimes. We should also not circumvent the system to make activities crimes.

Edited by wrillo

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the woman this thread is about should feel like shit for taking such a slap on the wrist....wtf is wrong with our justice system to let that shit happen.... she neglected to pay attention while driving, and killed somebody...i dont see how vehicular manslaughter is only a misdemeanor.... note to self, if i ever wanna kill somebody i dislike, send a txt msg and then immeditaly run them over with my car and say it was a mistake

disgusting.....you know if someone was out in public playing with a loaded gun irresponsibly and accidentally shot it off killing somebody, they would not be getting a slap on the wrist

http://billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/montana/article_74f61082-9d2b-54b3-8bd0-a8d926e39d33.html This is in Montana

http://www.ohio.com/news/break_news/15786267.html Ohio...

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2004102261_dui01m.html Seattle...

http://www.totaldui.com/blog/kent-ohio-man-arrested-for-dui-for-16th-time/ Ohio...

http://www.startribune.com/local/stpaul/80145107.html

These are not to show you that this persons 5th wasnt that bad because i think after the first they should hammer the crap out of you. I think it is ridiculous with all the other options out there that someone would actually get behind the wheel and drive after drinking. Cell phone use is working on becoming as bad but I do not think it is as bad by any means yet. Does that mean we shouldnt hammer them too? No, if you do something stupid that you have control over and kill someone, sucks to be you. You should get the penalty and suck it up. But that is just me...

I don't need my government to babysit me. I think I should be able to do whatever I want, but if the actions a choose to do lead to a fuck up, then said fuck up should be punished equally, despite what lead up to it.

Its okay to kill someone because you were on the phone, but not okay if you were wastey face? Doesn't make sense to me

btw: IP I know we're on the same side of the argument. However I don't think we should punish activities, we should punish crimes. We should also not circumvent the system to make activities crimes.

Agreed. If I accidentally kill someone because i was drunk' date=' or because I was texting, the outcome is still the same. I accidentally killed someone.[/quote']

Precisely! Imaginary rep for both of you!

Yes, I brought back imaginary rep...

Agreed. If I accidentally kill someone because i was drunk' date=' or because I was texting, the outcome is still the same. I accidentally killed someone.[/quote']

If you kill someone while you're drunk, or texting, or with a cellphone on your ear etc then it was no "accident". The risk of a crash is so high that it's considered to be intentional, under the legal doctrine of negligent intent.

Accident = Simple mistake for someone who is otherwise driving safely

Negligence = Being unaware of a risk you are creating, whereas a normal person who be aware of it

Recklessness = Being aware of a risk, and taking that risk anyway

If I was in charge:

1st DUI: 7 days jail + 2 year license suspension

2nd: 6 months jail + 5 year license suspension

3rd: 2 years jail + lifetime driving ban + forfeiture of car

4th: 10 years jail

5th: 20 years jail

In the UK your 1st DUI is 18mo ban, no work driving priviledges, then when you get your license back it has 11 points on it for 10 years. (12points=ban) If you so much as get caught by a speed camera within that 10 years you'll be banned again. Insurance is laughably expensive after that.

Edited by Scruit

• 1 month later...
the woman this thread is about should feel like shit for taking such a slap on the wrist....wtf is wrong with our justice system to let that shit happen.... she neglected to pay attention while driving, and killed somebody...i dont see how vehicular manslaughter is only a misdemeanor.... note to self, if i ever wanna kill somebody i dislike, send a txt msg and then immeditaly run them over with my car and say it was a mistake

disgusting.....you know if someone was out in public playing with a loaded gun irresponsibly and accidentally shot it off killing somebody, they would not be getting a slap on the wrist

Laura Bush killed her ex boyfriend that way.

btw, this is terribly sad. I can only imagine how often this happens. Slow and calm down, sit in the driveway and pull out your cell phone. I can only imagine what kind of coffee-hyped up sort of morning you've had. Use your cancer machine to find out where you are. Then, with full attention, look both ways and pull your fucking ignorant machine safely out onto the road.

Bikes will be banned before they create a harsher punishment for this sort of crime. So just know you are always taking a risk no matter how well you drive.