Putting straight bars on my Shadow

Aerik

Yeah, but Iron Pony (if I'm searching that gawdawful website right) doesn't have anything below 200 bucks.

Fuck some that. I'm doin things the po' folks way. JC whitney had stuff for under 50 bucks, but they were all too narrow. Ugh.

Fake edit: Apparently I didn't find the right stuff-- IP's website is really terrible.

Sweet. I can fix the finish or whatever-- I'm totally function over form. Just lemme know!

Whirlywheel the fuck out of it and get some rattle can clear to seal it. You get some nice psychedelic brushed metal designs in there and it's protected from the elements. Total cost to you: less than 10 bucks for the rattle can.

I gave some more thought into the bars problem, and besides my other solution of taking a torch to bars and bending them out, my only other idea is ape hangers. Big, fuck you ape hangers. That would be the absolute shit. :)

Lmao, I can't rock the ape hangars, my damned arms would go to sleep. And I think you have to have crazy rake with a longass frontend to get away with those.

My lil stock Shadow just isn't that cool. Although my buddy's now trying to convince me to stove-paint all the chrome. Heh.

my buddy's now trying to convince me to stove-paint all the chrome. Heh.

You would need to sandblast the chrome off first. Dont rattlecan it, Powdercoat it. Its cheaper than you think. I know a good PC guy on the east side. PM me if you want his #.

Edited by max power

It may be cheaper than I think, I don't doubt that. But it's still probably more than I'd be willing to pay for something that I have no clue what it would look like. I'm trying to photoshop black onto a pic of it now, but I fail horribly because I suck at image software.

It's definitely not something I'd undertake unless I was damned sure I'd like it. And I definitely wouldn't stove paint it. My buddy's just a redneck like that.

We used spray-on plasticoat on his Triumph frame. Interesting stuff.

I have a 02 shadow 1100 and had the same problem and I just adjusted the bars forward and the feel is more comfortable, I am going to try and make it to the meet and greet sunday if you want to see mine. If I make it I will be there around 1pm--

Lmao, I can't rock the ape hangars, my damned arms would go to sleep. And I think you have to have crazy rake with a longass frontend to get away with those.

My lil stock Shadow just isn't that cool. Although my buddy's now trying to convince me to stove-paint all the chrome. Heh.

Good call on the no ape hangers.

I have a set of risers that are 3" and straight up. Are your bars 1" or 7/8". i could help you out with a lot feel free to call me (740)277-9015 the I'm sorry ive been meaning to introduce myself to you at bike nites. I will also be @ the meet and greet tomorrows meet and greet@ the pig iron

Ah, cool cool. Mine are 1". 3" straight risers would probably work too-- the clearance from the tank isn't too bad already, and the stock risers have a bit of pullback in them.

Hmm, I'd have to measure and see.

I was up too late last night, so I'm still drinking my 'morning' coffee, but I may take you up on the phone help in a little while if you're not busy.

EDIT: This is why I like this group-- I'm getting all kinds of great advice, offers of help, and leads on parts, a lot of them from people I haven't met in person yet. OR is good stuff. Hopefully I can figure out some useful way to pay it forward here too.

Hmm... Anyone need to use a pickup truck to haul something? Heh

Edited by Aerik