Harley horsepower ratings?

blake1221

Not to start any thing with Harley riders, but :rolleyes: why doesn't Hardley post any horsepower ratings for ANY of their bikes? Can anyone tel me the horsepower rating for a 2006 Street Bob? Its a 1450cc bike that weighs 655 lbs so i figure its at least 50 horse. :cool:

just curious

:popcorn:

Torq is great if you wanna pull down a tree or a house... HP is where its at

1. HP is a function of torque

2. if you ride in the city all day stop light to stop light, torque is where its at.

1. HP is a function of torque

2. if you ride in the city all day stop light to stop light, torque is where its at.

Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall, Torque is how far you take the wall with you...

Torque... It's what moves you

:)

20 lbs/ft of tq at 2000 RPMs is instantly noticable, 20hp @ 7000 is not, power under the curve is where it's at, especially on a car where your moving something heavy, on a bike when your just moving around say 5-700 lbs you can live with less tq and more HP because the burden isn't as great.

It's like having a pretty face and a tiny dick... You only advertise the face. If your bikes were expensive, chromed out 1800cc beasts, you wouldn't want to advertise that weak ass 50hp rating. Might distract people from what is important in a bike, the chrome and HD badges....

The weight of the bike has nothing to do with the engines horse power. Two totally different subjects.

Not really, when the function of HP is to make you go fast, the vehicle weight matters with respect to how quickly you can accelerate. So, 100hp on a 300lb bike is not the same as 100hp on a 700lb bike and thus it matters quite a bit....

Oh, and the numbers I am seeing are sad... I knew that HD sucked on power, but that is disgusting. (my crappy old Yammer makes 100ft lbs of torque and weighs in under 500.... LOL)