Down time during a track day?

enenen

I am wondering how much down time there is during a track day. My dad is thinking about going down to Mid-Ohio with me tomorrow to watch and assist, but he doesn't want to go if he's going to be sitting around by himself all day, and it's my first track day so I don't know what to tell him. I'll be in the beginner group, so I guess there is classroom insruction? How long is that? So, how much time will he spend sitting by himself if he goes?

tell him to bring a camera and take pics, magazine/book.

does he know mid ohio at all? he could walk around and watch from different vantage points. he can drive anywhere on the site as there are no security/parking passes to tell you when/where you can or can't park.

but yes since you are in beginner group, there won't be as much down time as if you were in I/A group. might be kind of peaceful/down time to relax and watch bikes for him if he's into that.

just tell him to go watch the advanced riders from other parts of the track, he wont get bored!!!

in beginner, he can go sit in and watch the "classroom" time. which there are usually only 4 classroom sessions. but he can sit in and "supervise" lol.

the only down time would then be while your out riding. but he can be taking pics. get a good camera!! its worth it!!