Michael Vick signs 2-year deal with Eagles

Pedro

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally... I would have been happier if no one signed him. How many young talented guys dream of making it into the big leagues only to see this guy blow it and then get accepted back. He hasn't learned anything other than how to play a different game!

You don't abuse animals they way they did and get "cured" over night. The fact he was accepted back so quickly ... only proves how we have degraded as a society.

Just my opinion. Not open for debate!

Personally... I would have been happier if no one signed him. How many young talented guys dream of making it into the big leagues only to see this guy blow it and then get accepted back. He hasn't learned anything other than how to play a different game!

You don't abuse animals they way they did and get "cured" over night. The fact he was accepted back so quickly ... only proves how we have degraded as a society.

Just my opinion. Not open for debate!

Way to be open minded

usually I am. In fact more than most on this board. I could have excused it if only his friends had committed the acts. He admitted to killing some of the dogs himself.. end of story...NO EXCUSE for that behavior.

What he did was wrong i don't think anyone will argue that but i dont think that it should ruin his career. He was sentenced (very harshly compared to other similar cases) and served his time, so why should he not be allowed to come back to the NFL if someone is willing to take him. Is it because he killed dogs or because he committed a crime in general?

What he did was wrong i don't think anyone will argue that but i dont think that it should ruin his career. He was sentenced (very harshly compared to other similar cases) and served his time, so why should he not be allowed to come back to the NFL if someone is willing to take him.
Bingo.....I don't condone his actions....But he did his time....Now he should be entitled to return to whatever "Regular" life he can.

Thats how our system is supposed to work.

What he did was wrong i don't think anyone will argue that but i dont think that it should ruin his career. He was sentenced (very harshly compared to other similar cases) and served his time, so why should he not be allowed to come back to the NFL if someone is willing to take him. Is it because he killed dogs or because he committed a crime in general?
Bingo.....I don't condone his actions....But he did his time....Now he should be entitled to return to whatever "Regular" life he can.

Thats how our system is supposed to work.

:plus1: I agree, he did do a terrible thing. At the end of the day, he served his sentence and paid his debt to society though.

If he can slam dogs brutally on the ground to kill them, I would bet money he'd have no problem killing a human in a fucked up manner too. Once sick, always sick.

Killers always start with animals first.

but not everyone who kills an animal is going to kill a person

I like dogs more than I like people and motorcycles. I hate Vick for what he did. F him!!!

I'm glad he gets a second chance...everyone deserves a second chance.

I like dogs a lot too. If I was home more I would have one. It sucked reading what was done to the dogs. I just hope he doesn't f up this second chance because I doubt he will get a third.

I have to honest to say that I'm upset he's back in the NFL. I think he served his time, so yea, he's allowed to re-enter society, just like everyone else, but in no way should he get to be make crazy money doing something other good people would love to do and more importantly, be a role model for this country's youth after what he did. He can go get a regular job, like the rest of us, but I think he should've lost his chance to be in the NFL, and I think they set a bad precedent by allowing people that have committed violent crimes to come back. I think doing that kind of thing should be a privilege, and if these people are going to be role models for young people, they should be held to a certain standard of conduct. It shouldn't be that hard to conduct yourself appropriately for a few million a year. We all have to act a certain way at our jobs, why shouldn't they?

I have to honest to say that I'm upset he's back in the NFL. I think he served his time, so yea, he's allowed to re-enter society, just like everyone else, but in no way should he get to be make crazy money doing something other good people would love to do and more importantly, be a role model for this country's youth after what he did. He can go get a regular job, like the rest of us, but I think he should've lost his chance to be in the NFL, and I think they set a bad precedent by allowing people that have committed violent crimes to come back. I think doing that kind of thing should be a privilege, and if these people are going to be role models for young people, they should be held to a certain standard of conduct. It shouldn't be that hard to conduct yourself appropriately for a few million a year. We all have to act a certain way at our jobs, why shouldn't they?

He is better at his job than those other good people and he just happens to make damn good money. If i can do a better job than person b then why should i not get the job. The whole role model thing is not his choice, that is the problem of stupid people who idolize public figures only because they are public figures. My parents always taught me that the people you should really consider role models are those who bust ass to provide what they can for their family. He always did act proper while at work it was what he did in his personal life that was messed up, some times i do stupid things on my personal time (granted not illegal things) and my employer doesnt give a shit.