Michael Vick signs 2-year deal with Eagles

Pedro

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry Vulcan Rider, but sports is not a job, it's a game. No way they can be linked with hard workers out there in the work force. :rulez:

Raypic.jpg

Ray Anthony Lewis literally walked for murdering someone? It makes me say the NFL is ran by idiots.

Despite his accomplishments on the field, Lewis' public image was tarnished following a Super Bowl party on January 31, 2000. Following the party, a fight broke out between him and rapper Chino Nino's entourage, which Jacinth Baker, 21, and Richard Lollar, 24, died from stab wounds. Lewis and two companions, Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweeting, were brought to an Atlanta police station for questioning. Eleven days later, along with Oakley and Sweeting, Lewis was indicted for murder and aggravated assault.

Ray Lewis hit, kicked and stabbed someone, and that he even admitted.

Edited by NinjaNick

and more importantly, be a role model for this country's youth after what he did. He can go get a regular job, like the rest of us

See....First off....there is a problem.

Hes not a ROle model....hes an athlete.

People put athletes on this pedestal and expect them to be ROle models....Last I checked...thats not a Job Requirement.

Hes a QB...His job is to throw a Football.....and throw it well...Nothing more.

And a Regular job like the rest of us?

He does what he is good at....like the rest of us.

Its as simple as that.

I'm sorry Vulcan Rider, but sports is not a job, it's a game. No way they can be linked with hard workers out there in the work force. :rules:

Ray Anthony Lewis literally walked for murdering someone? It makes me say the NFL is ran by idiots.

so did Donte Stallworth

It may be a game but it is still how he makes his living. I really wouldnt call it a job either but its how he pays his (legal) bills and feeds his family

Edited by Vulcan_Rider

People put athletes on this pedestal and expect them to be ROle models....Last I checked...thats not a Job Requirement.

Sorry Matt, that's far from the truth. That's the definition of a role model. That's why they sell jerseys and player cards, etc. Kids LOVE THEM! They idolize athletes if they're into sports themselves. I idolized Nolan Ryan and Ken Griffey Jr, when I was younger. Athletes are on a VERY high pedestal and they need to watch their step. The fans pay their bills, because w/out the fans paying to watch them there would be no NFL.

Sorry Matt, that's far from the truth. That's the definition of a role model. That's why they sell jerseys and player cards, etc. Kids LOVE THEM! They idolize athletes if they're into sports themselves. I idolized Nolan Ryan and Ken Griffey Jr, when I was younger. Athletes are on a VERY high pedestal and they need to watch their step. The fans pay their bills, because w/out the fans paying to watch them there would be no NFL.

I think it should be exactly the opposite.

I know kids do look up to them as such....But thats not part of their Job "Per Se" to be a role model.

The media makes it their job....and marketing and making money is where the rest of the stuff you mention comes into play.

Kids dont spend the money on the NFL..the parents and Adults do.

ITs all in how you want to look at it.

But no matter what, the bottom line is that he has done his time...he just wants to go back to work like any of us would want to do.

I like dogs a lot too. If I was home more I would have one. It sucked reading what was done to the dogs. I just hope he doesn't f up this second chance because I doubt he will get a third.

yeah, hopefully he makes the most of this chance. From a football stand point, it will be interesting to see how he does. Pre-conviction, he was a decent QB. What made him decent was his superior athletic ability. If he lost this, even a step, he'll have be improve his passing...which was not all that good to be begin with. My prediction...he wont screw up with the law in any major ways...but he wont be an effective NFL player.

He is better at his job than those other good people and he just happens to make damn good money. If i can do a better job than person b then why should i not get the job. The whole role model thing is not his choice, that is the problem of stupid people who idolize public figures only because they are public figures. My parents always taught me that the people you should really consider role models are those who bust ass to provide what they can for their family. He always did act proper while at work it was what he did in his personal life that was messed up, some times i do stupid things on my personal time (granted not illegal things) and my employer doesnt give a shit.

I am going to gather up a room of these "stupid people" and hopefully you can explain to these 8-15 year olds whey they are stupid and shouldn't idolize athletes

Why not..he would fit right in...The bengals Have more criminals on their team than any other team in the NFL....Vick would have been a great fit.

yes i know this. and im sure they would like to get away from that. but actually, i wouldnt mind if he ended up on the bengals.

And a Regular job like the rest of us?

He does what he is good at....like the rest of us.

Its as simple as that.

+1. His debt to society is paid in full. Let him go back to being a productive member of society. At least he's not one of these ex-felons who are out for a few months then go back to robbing liquor stores. I think he probably got the message (people LOVE dogs), and won't be doing anything of the sort ever again.

Just because HIS regular job happens to pay $8million a year doesn't mean he can't go to back to it.

pro football is over rated, and full of overpaid assholes.

rep for that

I will watch pro football but am through and through a bigger college football fan. I plan my Saturdays in the fall around games that I have to see and well on Sunday if I watch the Browns cool but if not oh well

+1. His debt to society is paid in full. Let him go back to being a productive member of society. At least he's not one of these ex-felons who are out for a few months then go back to robbing liquor stores. I think he probably got the message (people LOVE dogs), and won't be doing anything of the sort ever again.

Just because HIS regular job happens to pay $8million a year doesn't mean he can't go to back to it.

Keep him off the NFL for a few years and then let's see ...

really?... he was a multimillionaire athlete and still became involved in fighting dogs. That's what aggravates me. He didn't need the money. He killed/tortured animals for PLEASURE. What do you think he would do if he pulled a salary comparable to the rest of us?

Edited by balaormiga