soon you will need a permit to ?

rick37

was reading this on nbc4 site

http://www2.nbc4i.com/cmh/news/local/article/Home_Improvement_Better_Know_Your_Code_Enforcement_Laws/21041/

I had a friend get hosed by the city after buying a house and remodeled it.

Neighbors calld the city because of all the work going on.

So code enforcement shows up and tells him he needed permits to do all the work that was done even dry wall.

Pretty soon you will need a permit to take a piss.:rulez:

But not to worry all the permit money will only make the city safer :rolleyes:

man the company I work for does work at the request of the home owners all the time without a permit.

if we get caught without one they pretty much don't give a shit if you give them their money.

if you have all the work done already etc.

if you show them proof a licensed contractor did the work etc the inspectors tend to go pretty easy on you.

also, you've always needed permits to do any kind of major work. it keeps idots from killing people by building things wrong.

Edited by serpentracer

some if it I think is good for safety issues, but if I wanna build a fence, I don't I should have to drop cash on a building permit, its just another way for the city to squeak out some revenue.

+1, this kinda stuff is exactly what we dont need the govt doing and why i cant figure out why people think the govt wont have any money if we get rid of the income tax.

it's not that i dont like the idea of making sure the idiot who owned a home before me didnt build something dangerously wrong, but rather that i HATE the entire concept of needing permission from the government to anything these days. Wanna own a dog? gotta get permission, wanna build on your house, gotta get permission. wanna hunt an animal for food, gotta get permission...

Edited by smashweights

The building department is so slow in Stark County right now they are driving around in the country looking for anyone doing any sort of work on their house and checking for permits.

Sounds like you could have some fun with them. Oh, the possibilities to catch on tape! ;)

man the company I work for does work at the request of the home owners all the time without a permit.

if we get caught without one they pretty much don't give a shit if you give them their money.

if you have all the work done already etc.

if you show them proof a licensed contractor did the work etc the inspectors tend to go pretty easy on you.

also, you've always needed permits to do any kind of major work. it keeps idots from killing people by building things wrong.

I thought it was a piece of paper, not a magic forcefield?

I thought it was a piece of paper, not a magic forcefield?

the inspectors come to look at the work being done.

for instance, if I build a deck, I have to show them the plans first and get them approved. second, post holes have to be inspected for correct size and depth. (but oddly they don't have to be inspected with the concrete in them)

then they come out to do a final inspection after it's finished.

it's just checks and balances really. in springdale(by tri-county mall in cincinnati) they don't charge for permits. but you still have to get one.

My sister lives in gayahoga falls and she said up there you even need a permit for things like painting and carpet..... this shit is rediculous

I live here also, didnt know you needed a permit for that shit, but I had to reply, cuz i've never heard this city called that.....Im F'N rollin....mwahahahahahaha