Zorro's beat down awaits!!!

flounder

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F***ing rain. These track day schools need to sell insurance for track day rain outs. WTF. The weather is the absolute worse thing about track days.

It's really only an issue with Mid-Ohio. You can run really well at about any other track in the country w/o issue...

Mid-Ohio will laugh at you straight in the face if you asked about a rain policy...

So......who won the beat down? I still haven't met either of these two characters :confused:

For me the day was as good as it could be on a wet track. I think Mid-Ohio did a great job for what its worth. I almost didn't go out on slicks but it started to look ok. Pete thought I was crazy but it wasn't too bad. The bike slid a few times mostly turn one and the right hander going into thunder valley. I just kept it a gear higher which helps a lot. My last few laps I started to put my head down and have some fun.

I hate rain at Mid. Track day was ruined. We, or I should say "I", got a few decent laps in. Flounder, the flat fish who's scared of rain, packed up his shat and went home early. You paid $150, you packed up your stuff, you hauled it up there, you unloaded the bike, you started your generator, you put your warmers on...and then gave up.

Flounder's been talking smack for a month now...which I like and is all in good fun...I wish he didn't give up so soon.

As for the track, I was slipping a bunch at first...it was basically like me going for a sunday ride in my neighborhood with flipflops on. The line started to dry up some and there was decent riding for a bit.

They need to put a roof over that damn track...or fix the pavement.

Nobody won. I applaud Zorro for waiting it out. I think he will progress in his riding ability due to the conditions. Flounder in his defense wasn't willing to play on the sketchy surface.

I saw after it had dried and such within that last hour and honestly, you all were really just riding around. Not able to set times typical of a regular day. Wasn't a fair playing ground as when they both were out, it was shit. A good number of guys packed up and went home. Flounder isn't a pussy for doing so and Zorro can't say he beat him due to it wasn't head to head.

So, until next time... Although, I do think Zorro gets to make a tee shirt since Aaron had one made... Vagina comments are welcome as jabbing remarks and friendly competition, but I just want to say that yesterday wasn't a good day to measure anything...

Nobody won. I applaud Zorro for waiting it out. I think he will progress in his riding ability due to the conditions. Flounder in his defense wasn't willing to play on the sketchy surface.

I saw after it had dried and such within that last hour and honestly, you all were really just riding around. Not able to set times typical of a regular day. Wasn't a fair playing ground as when they both were out, it was shit. A good number of guys packed up and went home. Flounder isn't a pussy for doing so and Zorro can't say he beat him due to it wasn't head to head.

So, until next time... Although, I do think Zorro gets to make a tee shirt since Aaron had one made... Vagina comments are welcome as jabbing remarks and friendly competition, but I just want to say that yesterday wasn't a good day to measure anything...

I agree. The weather didn't permit a competition. Flounder wins for best slam with his tshirt. I'm disappointed he wouldn't even take a "stroll in the park" lap with me. I've known the guy for years...listen to all his track talk...and then he wont even take one lap with me. Oh well, maybe next year.

the rain sucked for sure :(

but the last hour was all good and dry and i got some decent practice out there. I cant wait to ride it when its sunny. to have the 'sun-faith' in the pavement will be AMAZING! turns 1 2 and 3 are my faves. the keyhole is super scary when wet. thunder valley was still fun even when wet.. i was slippin and slidin thru there alot and i liked it! the last 2 turns mindfucked me everytime. i really need o work on those

the rain sucked for sure :(

but the last hour was all good and dry and i got some decent practice out there. I cant wait to ride it when its sunny. to have the 'sun-faith' in the pavement will be AMAZING! turns 1 2 and 3 are my faves. the keyhole is super scary when wet. thunder valley was still fun even when wet.. i was slippin and slidin thru there alot and i liked it! the last 2 turns mindfucked me everytime. i really need o work on those

Yup, the carousel is a tough one to hit right. I try and help a lot of riders go through there, but it is a faith deal. I tell them I actually drag my knee through the grass there right before turn in and they cannot believe me. I then tell them watch Hacking go through there from this year's TV coverage and they can clearly see what I mean.

It's a tough turn series and the keyhole is the same. The vids posted in the other thread show what I mean. Nate and C7 are doing great jobs, but can drop their times a good bit if they work on these areas... The videos can be great tools to learn from... I'd get a camera and it can be helpful to show where you should be vs, where you are...

my problem with the keyhole was the fact that i was taking ppl out in the that turn at first. like they were sitting still. then that just mindfucked me too so i thought i had to go slow for some reason! grr the carousel just destroys me! i'm good through the crazy awesome left before going in but the line through there just blows my mind.

i need more practice at that track. with sun. and son lol... it easier chasing down those dreadlocks :lol:

Edited by cbrjess0815

my problem with the keyhole was the fact that i was taking ppl out in the that turn at first. like they were sitting still. then that just mindfucked me too so i thought i had to go slow for some reason i want experiencing! grr the carousel just destroys me! i'm good hrough the crazy awesomme left before going in but the line through there just blows my mind.

i need more practice at that track. with sun. and son lol... it easier chasing down those dreadlocks :lol:

BG will have similar technical turns to learn from. I'll tow ya around there... As for Mid-Ohio... I might be back as a customer late this year, but for sure in 2010 to ride with fellow OR riders... I towed a few instructors around a few times. I was trying to show them what to show the customers. It's unique, but when you do it, it makes sense.

Ask Paskey on here and maybe some of our staff guys. I don't show everyone the whole deal as it is tough to pick up and learn. But, if you want to drop your times, these two spots are what you need to do right and do it to the point it is second nature...