Wrecked Ninja 500

bt's

My bro laid his '07 Ninja 500 down Saturday with minor injuries. A nice strawberry on the forearm and a bruised ego..It has about 2700 miles.

The adjuster is coming out tomorrow to take a look at teh bike. What does it usually take to total a bike? The front faring, exhaust, pegs, and handle bars are toast. Not sure about the fork alignment, but it is probably not good...

It is totally ridable and fixable. Just looking for some opinions / experiences.

Thanks,

bt

My bro laid his '07 Ninja 500 down Saturday with minor injuries. A nice strawberry on the forearm and a bruised ego..It has about 2700 miles.

The adjuster is coming out tomorrow to take a look at teh bike. What does it usually take to total a bike? The front faring' date=' exhaust, pegs, and handle bars are toast. Not sure about the fork alignment, but it is probably not good...

It is totally ridable and fixable. Just looking for some opinions / experiences.

Thanks,

bt[/quote']

Frame damage will pretty much guarantee that it is totalled.

I was told when I went down on mine, if the damage is more than 3/4 of the value of the bike it was going to be totaled. Idk if that was just Erie Ins. or is that way with every Ins. company.

Good luck to your brother to get it all back together.

I was told when I went down on mine, if the damage is more than 3/4 of the value of the bike it was going to be totaled. Idk if that was just Erie Ins. or is that way with every Ins. company.

Good luck to your brother to get it all back together.

If the damage is at 75 to 80% of the value of the bike it's usually totalled.

Thanks for the input. I figure if it is totaled we will buy it back and part it out. Sorry I don't have any pix right now. Once we are through with the insurance guy, I will post some pictures and the outcome.

bt

I went down last week and I'm sure my bike is totalled. I'll post pictures later when I get off work. I want to sale it. I hit a tree pretty hard. The tree trunk hit underneath right in front of the center kickstand. It's leaking oil from a cracked engine, I assume. It bent the frame and pinched off the left exhaust and along with other minor issues.

Thanks for the input. I figure if it is totaled we will buy it back and part it out. Sorry I don't have any pix right now. Once we are through with the insurance guy' date=' I will post some pictures and the outcome.

bt[/quote']

dont part it .. sell me the whole bike Ill fix it , need one of those to teach a couple people to ride

I went down last week and I'm sure my bike is totalled. I'll post pictures later when I get off work. I want to sale it. I hit a tree pretty hard. The tree trunk hit underneath right in front of the center kickstand. It's leaking oil from a cracked engine, I assume. It bent the frame and pinched off the left exhaust and along with other minor issues.

is it fixable if so Ill come look at it

is it fixable if so Ill come look at it

From what I've seen so far it's totally fixable. I didn't see any oil leaking or frame damage but it was dark and I haven't looked at it since. Needs new shifter, rear brake lever, hand levers, and could use new plastics if you really want to do that. I'm sure you can find used ones cheap. If frame really is damaged, getting it straightened would be the biggest pain of it all, between trying to find a place to do it and cost (no idea how much).

It turns out they totalled the bike. I have not taken pictures yet and will try to get them posted in the next few days. We ended up buying the bike back.

The next move is to drink a few beers and start going through the bike to see if anything major is bent. The adjuster called out mostly cosmetic stuff and busted parts. If we decide to sell it it will show up on here first.