Texting while driving PSA

Tony07R6

This would be a good public service announcement to air here in the US. I've experienced more than once someone drifting into my lane while looking at their phone (probably texting).

http://www.noob.us/miscellaneous/most-effective-texting-while-driving-psa-ever/

Edited by Tony07R6
embed didn't work

You know what else?

Those damn touch screen phones are making things worse too!

Before, some ppl learned to text without even looking at their phone, so at least their eyes remained on the road.

Now with these touch screen phones they have to constantly look down!

I'm not saying that txting is ok if you dont have a touch screen phone, i'm just saying it used to be less distracting

I forsee accident rates increasing with the storm and the touch and the omnia and such!

You know what else?

Those damn touch screen phones are making things worse too!

Before, some ppl learned to text without even looking at their phone, so at least their eyes remained on the road.

Now with these touch screen phones they have to constantly look down!

I'm not saying that txting is ok if you dont have a touch screen phone, i'm just saying it used to be less distracting

I forsee accident rates increasing with the storm and the touch and the omnia and such!

That's the friggin truth!!! I have a damn touch screen now and have completely quit texting while driving. I used to rarely, but it's impossible with a touch screen!

This is why God made horns on vehicles. It is a lost art for people to sound their horn when it appears someone is driving dangerously or not paying attention. I for one plan to bring back the sound of the horn to many who are trying to have conversations, texting or doing other things when they need to be paying attention.

***Honk if your paying attention*** :)

I don't get the beginning of that one. He's honking at a bike behind him? Then he tries to cut her off wile texting but uses the turn signal? Then gets unnerved at the light and rolls up the window? AMA should stick with political activism and leave acting to someone else.:rolleyes:

@Inya, LMAO over here. :lol:

That is absolutely NOT overly graphic.

I'm sure compared to the stuff ER staff, medics, cops, firefighters, people in the trauma unit, etc have seen - that's a relatively tame ad.

I don't know if it's necessarily a good thing that the general populace is sheltered from the gruesome consequences of a lot of the actions and behaviors they exhibit (like texting while driving). I've stumbled upon rotten.com and ogrish.com, and I honestly don't have the stomach for a lot of the stuff I've inadvertently seen. I can't see how some people get their kicks off sites like those, because I can't handle it.

Suffice to say I bet a lot of people haven't seen really gruesome stuff, so for them to think this PSA is outrageous just shows that they don't really have the right perspective.

and of course the one that caused it all lives.....

Yes, because that's the worst case scenario. Kill all your friends, a stranger, and a baby. And now you have to live with those actions.

On second look though, I think she died in flight on the chopper at the end of the ad.

If not show on the Air, I think it could be effective to be shown in the Required Drivers Ed Classes that the state makes all young drivers take. I truly think that is where effort should be shown... and to get them while they are learning to be AWARE of Motorcycles and the hazards of textin...and even make drivers watch a series of PSA's every four years to renew your license

just my thoughts

Edited by jj1