2003 ZRX1200R - Blue - NE Ohio

thomez

Looks and runs excellent.

Good: Runs great, all stock except for Yoshi slip on system. Lights/signals all work. Shifts good, clutch is good. Tires good. New rear sprocket, rear wheel bearings and battery this spring. Valve adjustment and oil/filter change (full synthetic Rotella) only 1k miles ago. No mechanical problems whatsoever to my knowledge. Starts up first try every time.

Bad: Tear in the seat that I have covered with clear tape. Brake lever end is snapped off (been that way since I got it, not a big deal). Clear coat on wheels isn't very good. Some small dings and nicks here and there as would be expected with 46k - not perfect but looks damn good from a few feet away. No mechanical problems whatsoever to my knowledge.

zrx1.jpg

zrx2.jpg

zrx3.jpg

zrx4.jpg

zrx5.jpg

(bike is at 3k RPM because it was just started with choke on, it doesn't idle there of course)

Reason for sale: Start grad school next week.

Asking $3300 OBO - located in NE Ohio and willing to travel for proper gas money.

Edited by thomez

You might try posting it on www.zrxoa.org but they are a bunch of cheap screws there so be prepared to be "low balled" to death. Your price seems very reasonable to me though.

Thank you, I have already done so. I also posted it $200 bucks higher there in some slight preparation for the lower offers. I am pretty easy to work with, though, and will take a reasonable offer when it comes along.

I'm pretty shocked that I haven't got much interest yet. Not a single email from craigslist, only 1 lowball offer on zrxoa. Shitty market I guess.

it's a fairly rare limited production bike, finding the right person who wants it is going to be tough...

awesome bike IMO, but not everyone's cup of tea.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

still have the bike

I tarped it for the winter and guess I didn't get enough oil on the chain so it will need replaced

other than that she's just like the pictures in the first post

got the itch to ride but I think I'm going back to a smaller/lighter bike - was more fun for me

Yeah, it wasn't hard at all, but took us time because neither of us had experience fishing shims out or placing them back in the buckets. Oh and finding the correct shims after determining the sizes I needed was a pain.

Nice bike. If I lived closer, had the disposable income to afford it right now, and wasn't laid up in bed after a horrible night with a cheese grader, I'd buy that in a second. Bet the torque on that thing will make your sphinkster pucker ;)

I shouldn't drink beer and post...lol