CBR 929rr - power commander or not?

Happyphantomspacedog

I've had my 929 w/an Erion Bolt-on since the end of June and it runs flat out great... However, I was on eBay and like a dummy put a bid on a Power Commander IIIr (I didn't think i'd win, but I did). My question: Will the power commander have noticeable results in the low and mid-range (acceleration), or is it a waste of time? Should I just re-list on eBay?

Also heard that removing the K&N and replacing with stock air filter helps the ponies w/this model. Any thoughts?

Thanks, Matt

After you get your power commander you need to come see for a custom map that includes tuning of the entire throttle position and rpm range. :)

"Canned" maps are usually junk. Every once in awhile I get one that is close. Most of the time I have to start from scratch.

power commanders are worth the money IF you get a custom tune.

get a BMC air filter, put the PC on and then go see brian at dynotune motorsports and you will be happy.

while your at it, before you tune it remove the PAIR (emissions stuff) nets you a way more accurate tune.

Holy cow!!! The power commander just showed up in the mail today! Thanks guys for the info BTW. Per your advice I just checked out Dynotunemotorsports.com and saw they've got custom maps starting at $150. That said, what's a ball park figure I can expect in terms of price?

Also - Hoblick says remove "the pair (emissions stuff)," for a more accurate tune. What is that exactly and is it something I can do? I've done oil changes, spark plug replacement - things like that... Thanks, Matt

Holy cow!!! The power commander just showed up in the mail today! Thanks guys for the info BTW. Per your advice I just checked out Dynotunemotorsports.com and saw they've got custom maps starting at $150. That said, what's a ball park figure I can expect in terms of price?

Also - Hoblick says remove "the pair (emissions stuff)," for a more accurate tune. What is that exactly and is it something I can do? I've done oil changes, spark plug replacement - things like that... Thanks, Matt

yes you can do it theres several links on the net for how to and it makes future spark plug changes easier , Ill find a link and post it in a min

pair mod http://www.rogueracing.org/pair.htm

and do the flapper while your in there too http://www.rogueracing.org/flap.htm

both of those are on the 1000rr but are pretty much the same as yours

and heres a read on the filters you were asking about yes this article is on a rc51 but same aplies to the yours and mine as well http://www.rc51.org/