I know I shouldn't, but I want this...

Likwid

Looks like you found xdtalk.com huh? saw the same pics on there. I am gonna do the lettering on mine in bright yellow or maybe silver with the crayon trick.

Yah, I love XDTalk, wealth of information.

I was going to use crayon as well, since that's super reversible...

can't you just buy a replacement slide thats anodized and you don't have to worry about buying a whole new gun. Or I'm sure you could find a gun smith that would powdercoat it that color for you :)

Oh no no, I meant I wanted to DO this. The guy who does these charges $60 to do this as GunKote... his work looks awesome... man that blue just looks so freaking sharp... I was actually thinking blue or red. I gotta photoshop the red, has the potential to look really awesome or really bad.

Oh no no, I meant I wanted to DO this. The guy who does these charges $60 to do this as GunKote... his work looks awesome... man that blue just looks so freaking sharp... I was actually thinking blue or red. I gotta photoshop the red, has the potential to look really awesome or really bad.

haha maybe like blood red? it would send a message to whoever you pulled it on...

Looks pretty neat, but I wouldn't bother going fancy colors with a carry gun. You don't need to draw any extra attention to the gun if your shirt rides up or something.

Now, a range gun or IPSC piece? Absolutely.

That's what I was struggling with, blue wouldn't be too bad, red would be screaming loud. But the only one who's going to see it is me, so yah not a big deal, was just something to "make her mine", I'm going to try convincing the wife we need to get HER a gun, which she won't shoot which will become my range gun.

Any suggestions for good places that have IPSC/IDPA training or just a very good tactical defense course? Stonewall range near me has "IDPA style" shoots every 3rd Saturday, but I'd like to take a training course to learn proper techniques.

Most places that offer IPSC or IDPA "training" are hacks. Those are competition orgs and you can pretty much show up and find someone willing to show you the ropes and teach you the rules. I've seen ranges offer "classes" on practical shooting and rarely is the person qualified.

Best bet is to find a club that hosts events.

Tactical courses can be found all over. There are a lot of instructors that travel and teach (hackathorn, vickers, etc...). TDI is southern Ohio is highly rated.

Most places that offer IPSC or IDPA "training" are hacks. Those are competition orgs and you can pretty much show up and find someone willing to show you the ropes and teach you the rules. I've seen ranges offer "classes" on practical shooting and rarely is the person qualified.

Best bet is to find a club that hosts events.

Tactical courses can be found all over. There are a lot of instructors that travel and teach (hackathorn, vickers, etc...). TDI is southern Ohio is highly rated.

Thanks, I had seen TDI on the web recently when searching, seems like they might be the only live fire house near me... but I also have no idea, just going off teh googelz. Handgun 3 looks like a good class (4 and 5 look good too but I'm not qualified for those, hell depending on a lot I may not be qualified for 3)

Edited by Likwid

Thanks, I had seen TDI on the web recently when searching, seems like they might be the only live fire house near me... but I also have no idea, just going off teh googelz. Handgun 3 looks like a good class (4 and 5 look good too but I'm not qualified for those, hell depending on a lot I may not be qualified for 3)

I'm going to TDI this weekend for levels 1 and 2, i'll let you know how it goes :)

nah I'm not prior leo, just an armed citizen. My father in law is a retired sheriff and has taught me a lot, so this should build on that pretty well. I'm going to a RACS seminar in michigan in October. I'd love to do levels 3,4,5 but I'm not sure how soon I'll be able to get away for that because I'm already going to be gone a couple weekends for these other courses and the wifey will be stuck at home with the 6 mos. old bambina :( If I go in the spring or sometime next year and you haven't gone yet I will let you know for sure