Labor Day Weekend 9/5~9/7 Riding

Hailwood

For awhile now I've been wanting to take a nice long ride and hit some of the roads South of where I normally ride.

The weather forecast for this weekend is looking amazing, with sunny ~80's every day. This could change, but I want to see if there's any interest in going out one day for a ~300 mile ride.

My initial thought is meeting up in Millersburg and heading down OH-83 to the Ohio River at Marietta, stopping for lunch and then heading back North on OH-26 (awesome road) until we hit OH-800 and heading back North from there, probably winding up in Bolivar. Last time I checked, this route was just over 300 miles.

The pace is whatever you feel like. I typically keep it under 80 on the straights, and whatever I feel brave enough to manage in the corners. I'll be on the FZ1 since the S3 picked up a nail in the rear tire (:mad:), but it still moves pretty well.

At this point I'm not set on a particular day, but I suppose my preference would be Saturday 9/5.

Let me know if you might be interested and if a particular day is best for you, and then we can finalize all the details.

i'd be there with ya, but i'll be at grattan on sat and sun and the air show on monday (I've never been)

hit 255 and 148 if you can. 255 is nice, but be careful, and 148 is now clear of gravel, and it's mostly fast sweepers, which is good for the ego. the bulk of your route sounds mighty tasty... just don't forget the good stuff in between.

Well hell, looks like I'm going to be camping now on Saturday :mad:

If some of you guys still want to ride, I should be back and able to go for a decent ride on Monday, or we can take a rain check and try it some other weekend.

Maybe next weekend??? This weekend seems pretty busy for everyone.

i think it would be a fantastic idea for you to tow the two of us to the meeting point next weekend. lol

No problem. If you can come up with a trailer I'll tow. I don't think we can get a bike up on my carrier piggy back style:). I don't know how I feel about a Duc mounting my Honda.

nooooooooo!!!!!

what if it's a wee little 600rr? lol. i forgot you came up on a piggy back thing, not a trailer. damn!

lol! Any upcoming rides I can make I could always meet up with you and ride down. I don't despise the highway that much that I'd never ride it. Just as long as we stop at least once on the way down to stretch my legs for a couple minutes.