8/19/07 Ride

InyaAzz

DATE/TIME CHANGE!!! See the end of this post for details

Who's down? This is the first step in getting a group/club together. We need to be comfortable riding together...and know what to expect.

First off, hand signals. These are important. Take a look at these:

http://www.ridemyown.com/articles/safety/handsignals.shtml

If you don't know them all, don't sweat it. The most important ones are the turns, the hazards and the cop warning, which isn't on there, but it's done by patting the top of your helmet.

If anyone has a chatter box, let me know and I'll bring mine.

Knuckleheads need not apply. If we can open it up without drawing a lot of attention, that great. But if you are on one wheel going down I 90 then you are bringing too much attention to us.

All levels of riders are welcome, as well as all types of bikes. I'll try and find some back roads, depending on where we all meet up.

The goal is to meet around noon, and be back around 5 or so. Maybe earlier, maybe later. I'd prefer to do more riding than stopping...so plan on at least one food break, but not much more stopping than that except for gas.

Who's down??

Quaker Steak and Lube in Sheffield

TIME:

Noon, 8/19/07

DURATION:

Approx 3 hours

ROUTE:

Google Map Link

CONFIRMED RIDERS:

InyaAzz

Shittygsxr

Gsxrnurse

R1crusher

thomez

Bleushark

TENATIVE:

Blue Dragon

/rant

GEAR UP PEOPLE! You might not care about road rash, but personally I don't feel like scraping you off the ground if you should go down. That's definitely a mood killer. I spent Saturday night at the AMA's cleaning up my dude's road rash....and he was geared up! I can't imagine what he would've looked like if he didn't have any protection on. All I know is, he still has the side of his face because of his helmet.

/rant

The weather is looking bad for Sunday, so we are going to try and squeeze this in TODAY @ 3PM. Same meet up place. Be forewarned, I have NOT scouted this route and I have no idea what to expect, other than route 511. Hopefully R1 can join us as he is the one who knows these roads. Expect some slowness when it comes to making the right turn at the right spot..it's hard trying to read directions while riding. Your patience is appreciated.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch....LOL i feel you. Yo, HD's are welcome. We probably won't get too crazy with the riding the first time out. Shoot, I don't even know where we're going as yet. It's more for us to get used to riding in a group and gettin to know each other..then when the winter months come, we can chop it up on here or our own web site.

wheres ride startin at

That depends on who's going. I am in lorain, so if there is anyone near me we can meet somewhere near the highway, then roll to another part of CLE to meet others.

People, if you are going to ride, post where you are coming from so I can get this organized this weekend.

Im in for the ride on Sunday afternoon. I am in Elyria. QSL in Sheffield would be a good place to start for anyone on the west side, but that is only an opinion. If you decide to ride the valley parkway it would be a nice 'slow' ride since there isnt anywhere to really open it up, however, getting there could be a different story if we take the 90 to get there and then backroads to get back. Im not sure of anywhere to eat in that area though, although I do remember something within the park that had some type of food. I have never been there so I dont know what type of eating would be offered.

:cheers:

Im in for the ride on Sunday afternoon. I am in Elyria. QSL in Sheffield would be a good place to start for anyone on the west side, but that is only an opinion. If you decide to ride the valley parkway it would be a nice 'slow' ride since there isnt anywhere to really open it up, however, getting there could be a different story if we take the 90 to get there and then backroads to get back. Im not sure of anywhere to eat in that area though, although I do remember something within the park that had some type of food. I have never been there so I dont know what type of eating would be offered.

:cheers:

Yeah that sounds like a plan...except for the cops on 90. We'll have to be careful.

I haven't been there either..I'm going to try and scout it on Saturday. I like the twisties...but I don't want the ride to be too slow. I'd like to mix it up if I could.

having said that, I found some killer twisties and flats on 511 on the way to mansfield. If this ends up being a west side only ride..I'm tempted to go back that way.

theres agroup of sport bike riders heading out for chillocothe on sept 1st from eyria,also theres aride for the the kid who got killed on 90 this past monday, he rode sportbike out of eylria.there burying him today,fri aug 10th there giving him a ride out.

theres agroup of sport bike riders heading out for chillocothe on sept 1st from eyria,also theres aride for the the kid who got killed on 90 this past monday, he rode sportbike out of eylria.there burying him today,fri aug 10th there giving him a ride out.

Who/what/where?

Ok, what do you guys think...

On the way to the AMA's last weekend, I found that 511 has some nice roads where we won't be bothered (too much) by traffic or cops (although I did pass one yesterday..but I think he was going faster than I was). There is a lot of straight roads where you can see far in the distance, and a few sweeping turns.

I'm thinking we could meet up somewhere near where the turnpike meets Baumhart road (or somewhere north of that, on Lake/Erie road), then take Baumhart down to 511, make a right on 511 and ride that for like 20-25 miles.

At some point, we could head east..then back north and maybe end the ride at QSL in sheffield or some other spot...or a few spots. I'm not against stopping once or twice for some pop. :)

I scouted 511 yesterday, but I didn't head east. I think I'm going to do that a lilttle later today.

There's always the Met parks, but that's going to be full of traffic and a slower ride.

Any thoughts? We have less than a week to get this firmed up. I'll post a tenative route later today if the 511 thing sounds like a plan.

I think I saw your bike last week at QSL.

Are you on the west side of CLE?

Well, there's a good chance you did as I've only ever seen two other ones up there and one was a bud of mine from the east side of Cleveland. I'm an westsider, live in the Lake of Shefftucky (Sheffield Lake). You should have my cell from the other thread, I've got your's here at my desk. When you're ready to scout some roads let me know, I'm up to head out with ya.

You'll be really close to me. Will you be here on Sunday? i had planned to be in Detroit on Saturday and right back here for Sunday's ride..but plans may change and I may be here all weekend.

Let me know. I didn't scout the other part of the trip like I wanted to because my rear tire is lookin pretty bad and I don't get my 2CT installed until Wednesday.

Dangit, I just remembered I have another bike!!! LOL Someone else is riding it. DANGIT!!!!!!!!!!