8/19/07 Ride

InyaAzz

Well, there's a good chance you did as I've only ever seen two other ones up there and one was a bud of mine from the east side of Cleveland. I'm an westsider, live in the Lake of Shefftucky (Sheffield Lake). You should have my cell from the other thread, I've got your's here at my desk. When you're ready to scout some roads let me know, I'm up to head out with ya.

I might be down to road scout Thursday after work..unfortunately it's the only day I can do it. We'll see. Are you still down for Sunday?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might be down to road scout Thursday after work..unfortunately it's the only day I can do it. We'll see. Are you still down for Sunday?

We'll have to see how Thursday plays out with the weather, but I'm down for a little running around. I'm in for Sunday as well still.

I am planning on coming back to Lorain this weekend and visiting some friends My girl and I might try and meet some of you guys and get some riding in. I am going to be on the east side of Lorain, so if I am really close to anyone send me a pm

You and Inya are right by me in Sheffield Lake. I've got a golf outing Saturday morning but I should be up to ride in the late afternoon time frame. Shoot me a PM with your number and I'll give you a ring when I get done.

Inyaazz, it appears that sunday is a go but I havent seen anything about a definite meeting place yet. I would assume the west side folks would be meeting at QSL about noon.

I will be arriving back in Cleveland Thursday night. If you want I could go scouting on Friday. Since I will be riding somewhere anyway. You can reach me at 4408644654.

Mike

Inyaazz, it appears that sunday is a go but I havent seen anything about a definite meeting place yet. I would assume the west side folks would be meeting at QSL about noon.

I will be arriving back in Cleveland Thursday night. If you want I could go scouting on Friday. Since I will be riding somewhere anyway. You can reach me at 4408644654.

Mike

QSL is fine for the west side. I haven't heard anything from any east siders, so i am going to assume this is mostly going to be a west side ride and the route I plan will be headed south from the Lorain/Elyria area, then east, then north, then back west.

Friday sounds like a plan. I want to hit the roads before it gets dark, and I dont leave Beachwood until 6. What I'm thinking is, I can maybe scout from the east after leaving work, coming west...and maybe me you guys somewhere. Then we can head south or north to map the rest of the route.

Phone#4407143243

I moved to Lorain from MI in 98. Hating it ever since!! :)

Yeah, you're not far from me at all. A few minutes tops. Actually my girl that has my other bike is real near you on Pennsylvania.

What sort of free time do you have? Are you gonna make it on Sunday? I am thinking I may just skip MI this weekend and stay here if we can get some people together and get organized.

If this works out, I'll start a seperate web site in a few months.

I moved to Lorain from MI in 98. Hating it ever since!! :)

I feel you on that I moved out to MI in 98 and things started gettting better from then on.

most of my lorain friends are unreliable so I will have some time saturday and sunday, however we will need to get back home to columbus before too late sunday.

most of my lorain friends are unreliable

LOL I 100% feel you on that!!

That's cool on the time constraints. I want to get an early start on Sunday...like 11. If you figure a 2 hour ride or so..stop for a bite somewhere...that puts us at 1 or 2pm. If folks wanna ride after that, thats cool. I didn't want the first ride to be too long. Hell, I could ride all day but I guess I need to start slow.

Some of my rides in Detroit go 5-6 hours or longer..depending on where we are riding too and the size of the group. People just peel off the ride when they wanna head home. Average size of the group is like 25 bikes. A decent turnout is like 50.

QSL is fine for the west side. I haven't heard anything from any east siders, so i am going to assume this is mostly going to be a west side ride and the route I plan will be headed south from the Lorain/Elyria area, then east, then north, then back west.

Friday sounds like a plan. I want to hit the roads before it gets dark, and I dont leave Beachwood until 6. What I'm thinking is, I can maybe scout from the east after leaving work, coming west...and maybe me you guys somewhere. Then we can head south or north to map the rest of the route.

Phone#4407143243

Where is Beachwood? Close I hope, but not likely. If you leave at six and get into Elyria about 7 or so then that only gives an hour since it starts to get dark earlier now then it did last month.

I will give you a call about noon or so if that is a good time for ya.

Mike

Where is Beachwood? Close I hope, but not likely. If you leave at six and get into Elyria about 7 or so then that only gives an hour since it starts to get dark earlier now then it did last month.

I will give you a call about noon or so if that is a good time for ya.

Mike

Yeah, good point. Beachwood is on the east side...near Mayfield Heights. Just north of where 271 and 480 meet. Traffic sucks @ss,

My bike is in the shop right now getting a tire put on. I MAY have it back tonight..but most likely it will be tomorrow @ 7pm. So if you guys want to scout, you'll have to do it without me. By the time I get back to Lorain and grab my other bike and hit the roads..it will be getting dark.

Right now, it sounds like it's mainly west siders. This is what I'm thinking. Below is a link to a hastily planned route. The ONLY road I've scouted is 511. the rest of the route is hypothetical. I am just trying to find some back roads with little traffic. The problem with twisties is that they dont get real twisty until you reach southern ohio. The twisties in Cleveland seem to be around the metro park..so maybe we head south, then east and then north through a met park?!?

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&saddr=W+Erie+Ave+%4041.467760,+-82.180700&daddr=41.432946,-82.323303+to:CR-13%2FE+Mason+Rd+%4041.345270,+-82.437710+to:Townsend+Ave+%4041.249820,+-82.591120+to:US-250+%4040.875120,+-82.318940+to:Center+St+%4040.851490,+-82.304720+to:US-42+%4040.879530,+-82.287270+to:Vermilion+Rd+%4041.284650,+-82.301420&mrcr=0,1&mrsp=1&sz=11&mra=dpe&sll=41.382476,-82.231293&sspn=0.214323,0.466919&ie=UTF8&ll=41.174519,-82.371368&spn=0.215007,0.466919&z=11&om=1

Again, this is just hypothetical. The last part of the route is just a ride along the lake..nothing crazy due to it being a major road.

All suggestions welcome...and if you guys want to go out and find some roads by all means do!!

Well...I took a stab at it and came up with this route. I don't know if any of the roads have been chip and sealed or not but I know most of them but not travelled them in some time. Options....opinions....alternates....bring it!! I figured if our boy "shitty" from C-bus could ride along, hopping onto 71 in Ashland is good point to do that. I just picked a BW3's in Ashland as the midway point but we could stop anywhere in town.

Google Map Route

Well...I took a stab at it and came up with this route. I don't know if any of the roads have been chip and sealed or not but I know most of them but not travelled them in some time. Options....opinions....alternates....bring it!! I figured if our boy "shitty" from C-bus could ride along, hopping onto 71 in Ashland is good point to do that. I just picked a BW3's in Ashland as the midway point but we could stop anywhere in town.

Google Map Route

I like it. The BW3 in Ashland works! I'm not from here...so I don't know any of these roads (other than terrorizing 511 the other weekend). I say we go with this route. Doesn't look like many twisties though...but I think unless we go further south we're not going to get much of those anyways.

What time is everyone cool to start? Noon? This gives people like me time to recover from the previous night. Shitty (LOL)...is noon cool? Does that give you enough time to get home? It looks like Sunday has a chance of rain with temps around 75. It's probably gonna be a lil chilly once we get moving depending on how sunny it is so keep that in mind for anyone planning on comming.

Again, if you plan on coming speak up. As of now, the planned meet up time @ QSL in Sheff-tucky is noon, with a planned stop in Ashland for vittles.

Come to QSL with a full tank please.

Is anyone NOT familiar with basic hand signals?

Does anyone else have a chatterbox????

It's ON!!

I can tell you there will definetly be some twisty in this route!! Some tight slow/medium speed as well as some high speed sweepers. I didn't want to get all crazy with turns in case we have some fellow cruisers along for the tour. Mason Rd. is twisty at points, 511 out of Ashland is good, then off on Diagonal is twisty. It should provide a good mix, again I've not been on any of these roads at all this year so the surfaces could be not so nice. The route down to Ashland is partly new to me as I just started picking some roads that looked interesting/different.

I think overall is should be a good 3+ hour ride, and our boy Shitty will get to tag along...hopefully. If I get time on Sat. I'll give it a run through.

PS - the Dubs in Ashland isn't as nice as many of the ones here...F.Y.I.