Pics of injury at work

wnaplay

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rode it one time this year before I was hurt.

Errr. You know, not to smile on your misfortune or anything....as one OR member to another....i could ride your bike for you. You know...to make sure the wheels are spinning right, and everything. :D

My dad had a similar thing happen to him like that in the army. More so his leg and hip, but got his foot too. Almost bit his tongue off in pain. Plate connected to his hip, and a steel rod in his leg. Considered 90% disabled...but amazingly finds a way to get up for work everyday. :wtf:

I really appreciate the offer but I could ride it now, but I just dont have the insurance turned on and since I really have nowhere to ride, I dont plan on getting t turned back on this year. I have to make sure I dont suddenly slam my foot down.

Haha, i was just joking man. To be honest, i've never rode a sportbike...and have been wanting to try it. But, have you been starting it and stuff?

Thanks for all the support and kind words guys. Its definately been an experience I dont want to soon relive.:) The worst part is I left this company for 7 months and told them if they ever needed me I was a phone call away. i was back 5 weeks when it happened. previous to that I was there 12 years with only minor cuts and bruises. And the fact that workers comp is paying me less than 1/8th what I should be making.

Thats some crap. Workmans comp should deff be covering a whole lot more than that. Sorry to hear that. I hope it heals up quick.

So' date=' tell me.. your check was big enough so you don't have to work another day in your life, right? Or did you take it easy on them and settle for a cool million?[/quote']

No check. From what I have been told you cant sue your employer in ohio, not that I would want to and the bolt went mia.

WNAPLAY

I guess I'm still limited on PMs now.

The answer is yes....can't talk about it due to a confidentiality agreement.

They are not small time by any means. When I used the word "Super", that there is actually a listing across the U.S. of ones that meet this status.

But like I said, there were even changes in laws that restricted my case. These laws were meant to protect the businesses. He will be able to tell you all about it. Just remember he is telling you the facts and won't hide anything.

The bolt never should have snapped. since it was speded for 5000lbs and the piece was only 1200lb. The bolt should have been able to withhold 1 and 1/2 what it was actually rated for. But it just snapped at the wrong time. I am very good friends with the owner and his family of the company I work for which makes this whole process alot harder.

O............m.................g.................. I'm glad to see you were gimping pretty good when you got that little scoot from my garage.

Yeah some days are better than others. Right now I have been up on it walking around the house and its killing me. It will be like this til bedtime now which really sucks. Then it will bother me until about 2-3am when I am finally so tired I can sleep.

Damn, that bites.

I know how you feel, got 2 rods and 4 plates put in at the end of last year. Just keep with the therapy because they know how to get you up and around again. Did you get the xrays by chance?

I hope you mend up asap.

Damn, that bites.

I know how you feel, got 2 rods and 4 plates put in at the end of last year. Just keep with the therapy because they know how to get you up and around again. Did you get the xrays by chance?

I hope you mend up asap.

I got photocopies of the xrays. I need the actual ones so I can post up.

This may be something to consider getting something "financial" out of your injury that will not bring bad blood between you and your employer. First of all, workman’s comp. should provide you with information on your rights. Your employer should be paying for workman’s comp. insurance which is exactly for this type of thing.

I had part of my left hand cut off (lost the top of my left ring finger) and crushed my middle finger in a work accident 10 years ago. I got my med bills paid, wc benefits (some small % of my wage) and a $5000 settlement to NOT hold the employer responsible for anything after I made a "full" recovery per the doctor. This type of thing may or may not bring problems into your relationship with your employer.

The second part (and holds the most potential) is to look into the Ohio Job and Family Services workers retraining program. It is a state benefit for all Ohioans who are eligible due to work related injuries. In a nutshell, if an injury keeps you from doing the type of work that provides your livelihood, the state will retrain you in a different area. I crushed my hand, could not shovel/operate machinery/perform labor so the state sent me back to college for an engineering education (desk job). They paid my tuition/fees for my ungrad in engineering from OSU.

Please understand that I did this ten years ago and things may be different now. I am only sharing and if this type of benefits interests you, maybe I can help find out more...