Hopefully no one from OR

Cdubyah

Idiots should not be doing that crap. He is a full fledged idiot, as I would call anybody whose negligence affects others. His accident is going to have reverberations on anyone else who rides there. Will the sheriff be more prone to bust down now that an old woman gardening has been hit?

If you want to see how fast you can go, put a radar detector on your bike and see what you can do on I-70. You can outrun the helicopters. If you can't handle the curves, stay off them.

appearently people from caledonia aren't very good riders. i say this because i live in the same county (marion) and this is the second serious accident i've read bout in a month the last one some guy in his 20's hit a girl in her car and flipped the car on its side. the rider flew her window and hit the driver seriously injuring her. i will try to find the link for that article

Idiots should not be doing that crap. He is a full fledged idiot, as I would call anybody whose negligence affects others. His accident is going to have reverberations on anyone else who rides there. Will the sheriff be more prone to bust down now that an old woman gardening has been hit?

If you want to see how fast you can go, put a radar detector on your bike and see what you can do on I-70. You can outrun the helicopters. If you can't handle the curves, stay off them.

Oh how many threads have I read right here on this site about guys riding in Coshocton area and going down.

You realize your criticism of this guy is pretty much an indictment of about a dozen or more fellow OR riders?

I agree about being responsible for your own action, but carving up those roads is a weekly outing here...just sayin.

Edited by swingset

The same could be said for many areas in SE Ohio, are the accident rates really that much higher around Coshocton?

Maybe Coshocton draws more inexperienced riders for some reason? I do not see the roads in those areas as being more challenging that some others South of I-70. Maybe that encourages greater confidence in unexperienced riders?

Alot of speculation here with no facts to back things up. Only thing the article make clear is he lost control, could have been a flat tire, gravel on the road or a squirle ran out in front of him. We don't even know the type of bike do we? Could have been a harley rider, after all there was no helmet.

:confused:There goes my old rebuttal to people regarding helmet laws.... I used to say show me where a rider turned into a lawn dart and hit an innocent bystander. Even so a helmet might have hurt the lady worse? Especially if it was a harley rider with the spike on top.

:confused:There goes my old rebuttal to people regarding helmet laws.... I used to say show me where a rider turned into a lawn dart and hit an innocent bystander. Even so a helmet might have hurt the lady worse? Especially if it was a harley rider with the spike on top.

Death by helmet spike :lol:

Oh how many threads have I read right here on this site about guys riding in Coshocton area and going down.

You realize your criticism of this guy is pretty much an indictment of about a dozen or more fellow OR riders?

I agree about being responsible for your own action, but carving up those roads is a weekly outing here...just sayin.

And I do ride out there too- and my thread had two out of four people going down. Full gear, away from everybody and their homes. There are many roads out that way that are perfect for that. When it is somebody's front yard though- we owe it to everyone to be responsible. Away from everything, I have been known to hit speeds that are straight to jail no discussion, wear the edges of the tyres right down stupid. When you are in a populated area, back the f#ck down. If you don't, you are a danger to everyone. And a jackass. Hitting a retired gardener...

And I do ride out there too- and my thread had two out of four people going down. Full gear, away from everybody and their homes. There are many roads out that way that are perfect for that. When it is somebody's front yard though- we owe it to everyone to be responsible. Away from everything, I have been known to hit speeds that are straight to jail no discussion, wear the edges of the tyres right down stupid. When you are in a populated area, back the f#ck down. If you don't, you are a danger to everyone. And a jackass. Hitting a retired gardener...

i would say over 33% of 541 if you wreck you are landing in someones front yard just sayin...........

i do agree tho there is a time and place for everything, but your place might not be the same as mine, and vice versa. personally there is only a small part of 541 that i really twist it on because of all the patrols that way anymore. i have prob seen more cops and state patrols on that rode than any of the other roads in the county that are as good or better.