It finally happened.... SWing'R down

SWing'R

Glad that your alright. Just in case you actually need some work/paint done to anything, let me know. I can get you hooked up. I am an assistant manager of a body shop. We don't really mess with motorcycles, but can. We mostly specialize in putting cars back to pre-accident condition. We bake the paint, so it is a great looking job. No one would be able to tell it had been down. Keep me informed, and I will be happy to do what I can!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lesson learned. Don't accept the "come on out" gesture' date=' wait for traffic to go and you can see in both directions![/b']

Words to LIVE by!!! Glad it was a minor incident. I only accept the "come on out" wave when at an all direction stop sign. Any other time it's a set up for disaster.

So I pulled the bike out in the sun just now to get a closer look at everything and she's just fine.

The plastic that was messed up popped right back into place with a little shove and the turn signal

did the same when I pushed the rubber grommet back in that was sticking out.

So the only real damage is the small scratch/scuff on the crankcase and the curly que clutch lever

which I'll leave alone for now since it still works okay.

I did find something else though when I got it outside, there was a large rubber scuff on the right side

of the gas tank which is apparently from my right boot as I jumped off the bike. So seeing that, I looked at my boot,

and found that my boot is torn open. Probably gonna try and glue that tear for now.

Here's whats strange though, if the bike went down on its left side, and my right boot has a asphalt scuff and tear

on its right side what the hell was goin on with my right foot?

2009-09-17_gastank.jpg

2009-09-17_boot.jpg

That's how our buddy Bill was killed on his Ducati but in reverse-

It was a kid pulling out of a Road onto an oncoming rwo lane rd. The kid was turning left with a truck turning into his rd. blocking his view...he pulled out anyway.

Left of the turning truck in a straight lane was Bill going to work....scene demonstrated emergency braking and Tbone of the vehicle around 45mph-

Bill didnt make it though in full gear

glad your good

rest in peace

Bill Culp