Crash & Burn ( not dial-up friendly)

fox_racing_guy

I was street riding yesterday and on my way home decided to stop by the MX track to see if any of my friends were riding. Talked to a few guys I know and I happened to have my SLR with me so I decided to take a few photo's. When you whip out a SLR your deemed instant pro photog and guys start stepping it up and showing off a little with less than spectacular results sometimes.

1 I'm KING of the world!

DSC00324.jpg

2 looks like I might come up a little short..

DSC00325.jpg

3 Rut Row. If your new to riding off road never do this. You can see the rider let go of the throttle here when he should be doing the exact opposite. If you hold the throttle wide open it will bring the front end back up.

DSC00326.jpg

4 Ouch..

DSC00327.jpg

5 going over

DSC00328.jpg

6 Shit this hurts

DSC00329.jpg

7 Down

DSC00330.jpg

8 Rag Doll time

DSC00331.jpg

DSC00332.jpg

DSC00332.jpg

Another rider ran over to assist to this poor guy and I stepped onto the face of the jump to wave other riders off. He had no broken bones but did suffer some rashing on his back from sliding on the dirt.

Edited by fox_racing_guy

This is the same jump looking the other way with a similar result except this guy did brake his collar bone. Feel free to add your own captions this time.

DSC00090.jpg

I AM ZEE COOLEST!!!

DSC00091.jpg

Hmm... Im thinking a 10 pt jump here

DSC00092.jpg

Is there a 10.5 card?

DSC00093.jpg

Watch this landing!!!

DSC00094-1.jpg

Oh yes, thats right!

DSC00095.jpg

Ladies love the endo's!..... This one is sweet!

DSC00096.jpg

Um... Did i leave the stove on?

DSC00097.jpg

No, it was the coffee maker... yes, thats what it was.

DSC00098.jpg

Wait... what was that? That hurt...

DSC00099.jpg

Is my bike riding me now?

DSC00100.jpg

Im not sure I want to see that score card now..

DSC00101.jpg

Nope, i will stare at the ground.

DSC00102.jpg

So um... Is my bike ok?

There... best I could come up with right before I go to sleep...

All that gear and no gloves? :nono:

Where? Look again' date=' both riders are wearing gloves but the Yamaha rider was not wearing a chest protector and thats where he got the strawberry. There was another rider sporting no gloves so I flagged him over and gave him a spare brand new pair of Dirtpaws I had in my tankbag.

Check this guy out, he owns the place (Beans bike park) riding in his Bib overalls on one of Brock Sellards old race bikes. The guy is no spring chicken (nor am I) and he can ride.

[img']http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c112/fox_racing_guy/DJ.jpg

Edited by fox_racing_guy

Nice shots! Casing is as scary as a tankslap...you dunno what's gonna happen. Although on this pic you captioned

You can see the rider let go of the throttle here when he should be doing the exact opposite. If you hold the throttle wide open it will bring the front end back up.

DSC00326.jpg

Sadly, at the rate of speed he's going...it's beyond recovery at this point.

Edited by Putty

That brings me to this day....we were riding. This guy was in from out of town. He's never really been on a quad. Drove out to watch us. He asked to ride. He went down this hill and came back up and got a little air. This excited him cause we were all like "HAAAA, nice air!!!" He decided to do it again. I call it "the showoff".

dirt026.jpg

His legs never came out. He hit the ground JUST like this.

dirt027.jpg

As you can see he popped up before the quad stopped flipping. After he calmed down...he wasn't able to walk. Went to ER.

dirt028.jpg

That brings me to this day....we were riding. This guy was in from out of town. He's never really been on a quad. Drove out to watch us. He asked to ride.

One of my favorite types :) Yes it is fast and no you cannot ride it. I let this guy ride my banshee ONCE and he wrecked, tore out the entire lower let a-arm. 15 min. ride cost him >$400. No body but me has been on it since.

Did this dude pay for any damages and was it worth it just watching him wipe out?

We got plenty of guys that do it right to, this was during a race on the 12th this month and again when you whip out the camera guys start showing off. It was starting to get dark and I don't own any "pimp" glass for my current camera so this is 1 of the last shots I was able to grab.

Beans%20Race%2012-Sep-09%20215.jpg

I got quite a few action shots in my Picasa album here

http://picasaweb.google.com/1foxracing