New member from CA!

the_silverfox

Hey Everyone -

I'm a new transplant to Columbus, OH by way of Orange County, CA. Just introducing myself to the forum. :)

Here's a little about myself. I've been riding for about six years and have traveled all over the United States on my 2007 Yamaha FJR1300. I am the former director of the Orange County Spirit Riders, a chapter of Women On Wheels. Although it was a bit hard to say goodbye to legal lane splitting and months without rain, there's a lot more open road out here to explore! I've ridden to Columbus from CA a couple times but now I'm here to stay.

I hope to restart the lost Women On Wheels chapter that was once here in Columbus. Looking forward to meeting everyone else and swapping some bike knowledge!

Christine

6460_712239708785_3402780_42921434_2334695_n.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardly. You can actually "live" in Ohio rather than scrape by on rent every month. Other than the large selection of twisty canyons, CA is so overrated. Besides, living there for a quarter century was a bit too long for me. :)

I concur!! CA is way overrated! I lived out there for the last 4 years due to being in the Navy and it pretty much sucked! I love it here in Columbus! I've been all around the world and would rather come back here than any place else! That must say something!

My other half is a transplant from CA as well. He followed me here. LOL.

Welcome to the site.

I concur!! CA is way overrated! I lived out there for the last 4 years due to being in the Navy and it pretty much sucked! I love it here in Columbus! I've been all around the world and would rather come back here than any place else! That must say something!

My other half is a transplant from CA as well. He followed me here. LOL.

Welcome to the site.

Now that you mentioned it, I followed my other half here to Columbus. He lived here for eight years, moved to CA for about seven, and then brought me back home. Yes, I do like it here!

Now that you mentioned it, I followed my other half here to Columbus. He lived here for eight years, moved to CA for about seven, and then brought me back home. Yes, I do like it here!

That's cool. It's not a bad place. Well welcome aboard and I look forward to the Women on Wheels! Look forward to meeting you at one of the meet up's too.

No massive wildfires either, so theres that to look forward to.

Yes, CA is still burning to the ground. It'll be 101 degrees in La Habra tomorrow (where I used to live). Seems like jumping in the ocean is the only solution to avoiding the heat. I'm so not missing that.

what is the obsession with the gays? these gay comments just came out from nowhere.

:confused: Yeah, no clue. Although that stereotype pretty much applies to NorCal, half of Long Beach, and all of West Hollywood. CA might as well be its own country. Maybe split it into two states like the Carolinas...