Dublin Ohio

DLN1223

Like any neighborhood it has it's pluses and minuses.

Pros, close to Columbus Zoo, close to 270, most houses are relativly nice, good schools.

Cons, Cops are dicks, close to 270, too much traffic, higher school taxes (property taxes), close to Columbus. :lol:

most houses are relativly nice

Relatively nice? Dublin has some of the most expensive houses in the area. I think the majority of Dublin is pretty highend houses,

but hey, there is actually one trailor park there too! You know they'd love to get rid of that place!

Here is the city website: http://www.dublin.oh.us/

Edited by SWing'R

Dublin...I say there's two dublin's. There's Dublin-dublin, which I like to consider is outside 270 and north of 161. That's the nice expensive dublin. If I had the money, I'd live there! Then there's other dublin...dublin-columbus. it's inside of 270. There are nice areas here but typically you pay columbus taxes but get dublin schools!!! Either way, I don't think you can go wrong living in either section of Dublin and I highly recommend it.

Dublin...I say there's two dublin's. There's Dublin-dublin, which I like to consider is outside 270 and north of 161. That's the nice expensive dublin. If I had the money, I'd live there! Then there's other dublin...dublin-columbus. it's inside of 270. There are nice areas here but typically you pay columbus taxes but get dublin schools!!! Either way, I don't think you can go wrong living in either section of Dublin and I highly recommend it.

...he forgot to mention that he (Zorro) speeds and plays his music loudly through your neighborhood! Other than that, Dublin is probably one of the better living situations that Columbus has to offer.

...he forgot to mention that he (Zorro) speeds and plays his music loudly through your neighborhood! Other than that, Dublin is probably one of the better living situations that Columbus has to offer.

he forgot to mention that he (McLovin) has a mean, rabid Pitbull that stalks little kids and small raccoons on a daily basis.

My girl lives in Dublin, and I think that it's a decent spot. It's clean, there are things to do, the people are relatively friendly (at least most of the ones that I've encountered). It kinda has its own flavor, not nearly as vanilla as I expected.

*Edit: My use of the term "vanilla" was to describe an area devoid of activities, fun, and most importantly ORIGINALITY and culture.

Good description. I live in the Columbus-Dublin area around Sawmill, have for about 10 years, and probably won't live anywhere else in Columbus. Easy to get around town and probably the least amount of traffic despite what anyone says. Highly unlikely to get run down and turn into a ghetto, too many regulations and HOA's. Hard to go wrong with this area in C-bus.

Good description. I live in the Columbus-Dublin area around Sawmill, have for about 10 years, and probably won't live anywhere else in Columbus. Easy to get around town and probably the least amount of traffic despite what anyone says. Highly unlikely to get run down and turn into a ghetto, too many regulations and HOA's. Hard to go wrong with this area in C-bus.

I'm in the sawmill area as well...watch out for McLovin's dog...it will attack small children, raccoons and anything else it can seek out. I saw it chasing a skunk once too. it's fearless.

when so's relocation company coordinated realtors for honda employees up in marysville, all of them push dublin, big time. being from out of state, we were sold before we arrived. initially we were going to buy an older home off avery near excellent schools but in the end went for a new home in marysville much closer to work and pretty good schools. Dublin is very pretty. I like how the city planning keeps the maintence up. you dont have to go cross country if you need to shop. it looks clean, and well landscaped -- not dirty and old. you pay more taxes for sure. keep in mind if you end up buying outside dublin but your employer is in dublin, you could pay twice in the income tax dept... if im not mistaken ( which i can be..) -- im still new at paying income taxes at the city level based on where you live and where you work...

hands down dublin is great city. if you have kids in schools, you should consider it... btw, prices range widely in dublin. based on what the realtors say, west of the river is more desirable if you are looking for dublin address.