Just got my GoPro HeroWIDE cam...

SWing'R

So I ordered a GoPro Hero cam for the bike, it arrived yesterday, so tonight I went out for a quick ride around Hilliard,

here is the first of several clips from that first ride...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqVqxKfu_vk

The Hero is mounted to my homemade mount, but I'm also considering putting a self-adhesive

mount on the bottom of the front of the windshield so I don't get that incriminating speedo readout! :D

The original AVI files are quite large so for right now just uploaded one.

But you can expect to see many more videos from me!

Edited by SWing'R

you sped, I'm calling da policia

You outta see the other 3 parts of this vid, my wife shit when she saw 'em, thats why I'm considering moving the cam

to the outside of the windshield. I kinda like seeing the tach and speedo, but can the videos "actually" be used by police to ticket you "after the fact"???????????

You outta see the other 3 parts of this vid' date=' my wife shit when she saw 'em, thats why I'm considering moving the cam

to the outside of the windshield. I kinda like seeing the tach and speedo, but can the videos "actually" be used by police to ticket you "after the fact"???????????[/quote']

Not even after the fact, theoretically you could get a ticket JUST based off the video... same theory of "speeding cameras" only you could argue your speedo is off and all that jazz.

Just saying, (this is just revenge for when I went over the double yellow and you caught me lol)

Looks good. Your mount seems to keep it good and stable. As for the AVI format you can reformat using Windows movie maker to make uploading easier. Just play around with the quality setting so it doesn't get grainy looking.

Nice stuff.

Yes, be very mindful of what videos you post online. Most of the 'fun' ones probably shouldn't be posted. Whatever you do, when posting do not admit guilt, hell don't even claim it's you. Many people have been busted like that. The good thing is that the camera doesn't show who is actually riding the bike, so it may or may not have been me officer. At that point it would be up to them to prove it was you riding the bike. Just like the red light cameras...if you can prove it wasn't you driving, you're not guilty and you don't have to reveal who actually was.

I just finished uploading the other three parts of the video, here they are.

They aren't exactly exciting, its just a short ride around town, I'm just psyched

to have the camera and look forward to some nice vids later of some decent roads!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqVqxKfu_vk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c5EjmbiW84

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRcF1qber2Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-3zNZPoIaw

One thing I noticed is that it doesn't do well in darker lights. You can get about 45-50min of Video on a 2Gb SD card also. (Track tested and approved) :D Anyways, I got the suctioncup mount and it ends up still vibrating way to much for my liking. So I used tiedowns and tightened it down to my steering stabilizer to keep it from moving at all. I also used the M3 mounts. (1 on windscreen, 1 on tail end) Both work pretty well, but you will get some vibration, but nothing too bad. High speed travel with give the video a warping effect for some reason also. Not sure if the camera can't keep up with the images or what. Over all, I love mine for what it gives me and the price I paid.

I also use Windows Movie Maker to cut/edit and compress the files down.

Is it easy to start/stop the camera with gloves on? I'm thinking of getting one..but I'm not sure the 'behind the windshield' spot is where I want to put it.

Its very simple to operate. There were times at Mid O that I forgot to start it all and got it going on the back stretch or around the track. Press the front (power) button to turn it on, then top button to record. Turning it off is simply holding the power button for 2 seconds.

Nate has a post where he was messing with mounts and had some great spots if you want more examples.

http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=31830&highlight=GoPro

Edited by SJC1000rr
Found em

Is it easy to start/stop the camera with gloves on? I'm thinking of getting one..but I'm not sure the 'behind the windshield' spot is where I want to put it.

Once the cameras turned on its just pressing one button (on top) to start/stop recording.

I like the mount I got, that homemade handlebar mount cause I know its sturdy, I want to try a

curved self-adhesive mount which should stick on the bottom of the front of the windshield,

that'll give me unobstructed forward view with no dash showing or windshield.

For now I'll just use the homemade jobby.

Camera works awesome. Now i want one.

You can save yourself a few bucks if you do what I did, determine the mount you want/need and then buy just that mount and the camera by itself.

If you go to a MC store like Iron Pony all they have is the big kit for $200, it comes with the camera, housing, the cable and a bunch of different mounts.

You can go online to the manufactures website an buy just the camera, housing and cable for $139 then buy a single mount,

I got the tripod mount which lets me mount it to my homemade handlebar mount.

http://www.goprocamera.com/

Here is what I paid for mine...

GWH5170 1 Wide HERO Camera (170 degree 139.99 wide-angle lens, 5 megapixel. No mounts included)

GTRA30 1 Accessory: Tripod Mount 7.99

Subtotal 147.98

Tax Rate 0.00%

Tax 0.00

Shipping/Handling 13.41

Total $161.39

Keep the vids coming! Take us on some tours! It's great with the wider view. How does it look on your TV? I'm sure what you see is much better than we can on YouTube.

This weekend if the weather is nice I want to ride up and shoot Rt 715.

I burned the full length vid to a "videocd" and popped it in my dvd player,

it looks fantastic, comes out fullscreen with absolutely perfect quality.

Not to thread jack but heres a video with the 3mp gopro mounted just below the windscreen, and the video was shot early in the am. the sun is a little to low and makes some shadows http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NHOm3LR2xQ

What gopro do you have? and we need to find a program that keeps the quality, because if you watch it from the gopro it looks great

You can save yourself a few bucks if you do what I did' date=' determine the mount you want/need and then buy just that mount and the camera by itself.

If you go to a MC store like Iron Pony all they have is the big kit for $200, it comes with the camera, housing, the cable and a bunch of different mounts.

You can go online to the manufactures website an buy just the camera, housing and cable for $139 then buy a single mount,

I got the tripod mount which lets me mount it to my homemade handlebar mount.

[url']http://www.goprocamera.com/

Here is what I paid for mine...

GWH5170 1 Wide HERO Camera (170 degree 139.99 wide-angle lens, 5 megapixel. No mounts included)

GTRA30 1 Accessory: Tripod Mount 7.99

Subtotal 147.98

Tax Rate 0.00%

Tax 0.00

Shipping/Handling 13.41

Total $161.39

sorry i did not see this. I see you have the new gopro. I saw somewhere you can update it to handle a 8g card. have you seen that?

Not to thread jack but heres a video with the 3mp gopro mounted just below the windscreen, and the video was shot early in the am. the sun is a little to low and makes some shadows

What gopro do you have? and we need to find a program that keeps the quality, because if you watch it from the gopro it looks great

Mine is the 5mp. Did you see the ufo in your video?! That was weird, the sun made some black dot that looked like a damn ufo.

sorry i did not see this. I see you have the new gopro. I saw somewhere you can update it to handle a 8g card. have you seen that?

I think it can be updated to handle a 4g not 8. I'm not sure if I want to bother with it, you only get 2hrs out of a set of rechargeable batteries so you're gonna have to stop recording anyway, might as well pop a new 2g card in. I found 2g SD's at Wallmart for $9.88