08 CBR1000 test ride

mrbret

i have and theres not really a difference in the ride the 08 is lighter and has a couple extra ponies but you cant tell on the street biggest diff is the looks

It's taken some time, but the new Fireblades have grown on me. I still prefer the design of the 06-07 more.

I tracked a 2007 last year. I switched to a 08 this year. It is a completely different bike on the track. On the first day out I was 5 seconds a lap faster. Much easier to turn. The slipper clutch is awesome. I put a taylor made exhaust, power commander and ignition module on it and the power is awesome.

I tracked a 2007 last year. I switched to a 08 this year. It is a completely different bike on the track. On the first day out I was 5 seconds a lap faster. Much easier to turn. The slipper clutch is awesome. I put a taylor made exhaust, power commander and ignition module on it and the power is awesome.

I'm a year or two behind you lol.

08 and 07 are night and day. The feel is completely different. The ride? Guess they ride similar, but the handling and size of the 08 set it well apart and make the 07 feel very antique. The power delivery is better on the 08, as well...

Go to a shop and ask to test ride one. You'll be impressed. 600 feel with really solid power. Not my favorite 1000, but at the prices they are selling them for, you can't go wrong.