I'm a victim of racism (I'm white)

serpentracer

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
busa's are a black guys bike LOL

in seriousness, I always treat everyone I meet with respect. I never said anything to this guy. he just went off for no reason.

I really wanted to jump back down this guy's throat but I was standing there with 4 guys to 1. so I just kind of stood there like I didn't care and kept my mouth shut.

what news to me

1100 had a commercial for the Trivisonno show on this morning that said something like:

"sure there are black people i don't like. there are black people i wouldn't pay a dime for. But there are also white people I wouldn't pay a nickel for. is that racist? Am I supposed to like everybody?"

our nation is really quick to assume things are racially motivated. WHO CARES WHAT THE MOTIVATION IS - either something is illegal, or it's legal. (guess where I stand on 'hate crimes?':rolleyes:)

i agree with the idea of "hate crimes" being retarded. What crime isn't done with "hate", if its illegal its illegal. If you shoot a guy cause he's black and kill him, its not "extra" wrong because he's black... It's just flat out wrong cause its murder. To say that "hate" crimes carry more weight would basically give minority groups (whom "hate" crimes legislation is typically written for) some sort of increased value based on whatever their minority is... which is racist in and of itself.

i agree with the idea of "hate crimes" being retarded. What crime isn't done with "hate", if its illegal its illegal. If you shoot a guy cause he's black and kill him, its not "extra" wrong because he's black... It's just flat out wrong cause its murder. To say that "hate" crimes carry more weight would basically give minority groups (whom "hate" crimes legislation is typically written for) some sort of increased value based on whatever their minority is... which is racist in and of itself.

I agree with you...but "hate crimes" don't happen just because one 'color' kills another. There's usually some motivation before or during the crime that defines the crime as 'racist' because it was motivated by skin color/race/whatever.

I agree that a crime is a crime..doesn't make it any worse if there is racial premeditation. And I'm pretty sure if that type of crime is going to be committed, the perpetrator doesn't take a minute to reflect and say 'I'm going to get double the punishment if I go through with this'. So yeah...the whole thing idea of classifying the crime is silly to me.

But what do I know.

Murder is murder. Manslaughter is a different story' date=' but murder is murder is murder.[/quote']

That depends on the jurisdiction and intent of the killer and intent's the deciding factor, the hate crime laws follow in that respect.

In Ohio I think the distinction is Aggravated murder and Murder. In some states you have First and Second degree and in others you have all three.