Suzuki M109,thoughts?

Supernova Mafia

Thinking about my next bike,saw a M109 and thought,Damn thats hot...Would even consider the M90,I currently ride a Katana.Also noted not too many used around in ohio,not even the 2006 M109,Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the bike..and switching from a sport to a "cruiser"..

Thanks

Sharp looking bikes. Never ridden one, but Moose's bike is in the same family, he may be able to give you some input.

At that price range, you may want to look at the Triumph Thunderbird as well. I checked one one, pretty sweet, still on my short list for a new bike if I decide to get one.

I had one and loved it. The M109 and the Raider are the best bikes to transition from sport to cruising. They handle pretty good for the kind of bikes they are.

I traded mine in at the bike shop I work at. It is still there. Under 2000 miles on it.

1092.jpg

Copyof1093.jpg

I have a C90, and I really am happy with it! Really do like the M109. It is a hell of a bike!! Know a couple that have them, and they say there a beast. Which I believe. Since its a 1800cc. Mine is just the next step down @ 1500cc. Regardless, it is a great bike. Wish that I would have spent the extra to get on myself. Was not so sure about the look of the front end at the time though. It grew on me now. Happy shopping! Let us know what you decide on. And, maybe we can get some Suzuki representing going on the open road!! Take care!

I had a chance to ride the M109 last October. I liked it and it's got the power to pull. I still think the touring edition needs a trailer hitch. Here's the review from my blog.

"From the manufacturer that brought you the largest displacement production sportbike brings a power cruiser that aims to blow your cubic centimeters away. Suzuki's entry in the power cruiser market has left me a bit surprised and at the same time worried for all of the newer/returning riders who may consider this bike as their next ride. The M109R is a smooth, yet extremely powerful cruiser that will leave you, when travelling at low speeds, feeling like you're pulling back the chain of a Rottweiler who just smelled the next door neighbor's grilled steak. There was never a time that I needed anything higher than 3rd gear on this bike and it'll scoooot quite fast and very quickly. If you're doing the open highway thing, perhaps this would be a consideration for you. But, this bike is definitely not for the beginner or the person that hasn't completely mastered the art of feathering the clutch. Its looks transcend from that of the big wheel custom bikes and this Suzuki is a less pricey alternative to the private designer route. Smooth ride, but yikes."

Nice bike....What shop is that Turbo? Why did you trade it?

And what are your thoughts on the M90?

It is @ Fullthrottle Yamaha in Willoughby 440-951-6825(about 18 miles east of Cleveland).

I buy alot of bikes. I am on #9 since 99. So it was just time for a new one. I never rode an M90 so I can't really give an opinion on it.