Marge Simpson to be on Playboy cover

chevysoldier

ALeqM5i4dGO8wDaFn6YE5KQvbcRDiH6wYQ?size=s2

Marge Simpson, Playboy cover girl

(AFP) – 4 hours ago

WASHINGTON — Homer may not approve but in a publishing first, Marge Simpson, the housewife with the bluest hair on television, is set to show her devilish side as the cover girl on the November issue of Playboy magazine.

Playboy released a picture of the cover shot on Friday featuring Marge, star of the cartoon series "The Simpsons," artfully concealed behind a chair in the shape of the iconic Playboy Bunny logo.

The magazine promises a story inside on "The Devil in Marge Simpson," an interview and more pictures, including a centerfold pullout.

Playboy said Marge will be the first cartoon character to grace the cover of the magazine, which has featured movie stars, athletes and other celebrities through the decades in addition to the usual "bunnies."

The November issue is a tribute to America's most dysfunctional family -- Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie -- who are celebrating their 20th anniversary on television this year

i think its a heck of a marketing idea. step out of the line for something different and get some publicity out there. im assuming sales are falling and the economy is even hurting the mag too. this will most def be a good pick up for them.

They are thinking "Outside the Box". From Wikipedia.... Thinking outside the box is to think differently, unconventionally or from a new perspective. This phrase often refers to novel, creative and smart thinking.

I guess your right what was I thinking

wallpaper-vida-guerra.jpg

marge-simpson-bikini.jpg

They are thinking "Outside the Box". From Wikipedia.... Thinking outside the box is to think differently, unconventionally or from a new perspective. This phrase often refers to novel, creative and smart thinking.

I am just wondering why they decided to use a cartoon. I mean like flipping to a centerfold of Marge Simpsom I am pretty sure I dont need this copy lol

Here's the why

There is a first time for everything, even for Playboy.

The magazine has chosen Marge Simpson (nee Bouvier), the cartoon matron of the show The Simpson, as its November cover girl.

The issue, hitting stands on October 16, features a three-page photo spread of the housewife and mother of three, with what the magazine is referring to as "implied nudity". It is Playboy's first time featuring a cartoon character on its cover.

Playboy's new CEO, Scott Flanders (that's right - Flanders), is hoping Marge's pictorial debut will attract 20-somethings to the magazine. Playboy's average reader is 35 years old.

Does a cartoon character have enough influence to shift Playboy's readership? Somewhere, Jessica Rabbit believes.