Vacation Ideas

Likwid

Charleston, SC. I absolutely love it there. My parents just bought a lot down there too. They have lots of great historical sights to see, Downtown is awesome, a lot of bad ass restaurants and I vaguely remember seeing a place that rents motorcycles or scooters but I could be making that up in my mind. If you golf, they also have really nice courses down there. I played 2 of the nicest courses I have ever seen when I was there in June

Charleston, SC. I absolutely love it there. My parents just bought a lot down there too. They have lots of great historical sights to see, Downtown is awesome, a lot of bad ass restaurants and I vaguely remember seeing a place that rents motorcycles or scooters but I could be making that up in my mind. If you golf, they also have really nice courses down there. I played 2 of the nicest courses I have ever seen when I was there in June

The only big issue with SC is her aunt and uncle are there... we don't want to visit with them for too long but if we go to SC they would expect we hang with them a bunch...

That being said, SC is driving distance no?

The only big issue with SC is her aunt and uncle are there... we don't want to visit with them for too long but if we go to SC they would expect we hang with them a bunch...

That being said, SC is driving distance no?

Where in SC are they? You could always tell them you are making several different spots within SC. It is definitely within driving distance. My parents make the drive all the time with no issues. I'm headed to Columbia, SC at the end of next month and expect to make it there under 8 hours. Depending how you drive, my general rule when I do a google map is for every 4 hours, I can almost always knock off 45mins from their time

Hey, I need some suggestions. I need to get out of Ohio for a week this winter. Looking for some vacation ideas that a.) won't break the bank b.) are warm and c.) could rent a motorcycle

Come on OR, whatchu got?

Vegas. Cheap hotel/air fare packages. Motorcycle rentals in Vegas are very reasonable. Then you get to drive the mountains...hover dam....some awesome national parks......party some in Vegas itself.

Vegas. Cheap hotel/air fare packages. Motorcycle rentals in Vegas are very reasonable. Then you get to drive the mountains...hover dam....some awesome national parks......party some in Vegas itself.

Was definitely thinking about Vegas, but it's a bit crazy for us... we like low-key, no people, do our own thing... so Vegas would work but we'd have to get out of the city for the majority.

Was definitely thinking about Vegas, but it's a bit crazy for us... we like low-key, no people, do our own thing... so Vegas would work but we'd have to get out of the city for the majority.

Just had another idea. Sacremento. Cheap Southwest Airlines flights to there just go through Chicago or Phoenix. Short hop from there to the mountains.

Also Phoenix, it was one of the best trips the wife and I have done. Drive up to the grand canyon is easy (but damn cold in the winter). But there is tons of stuff to do and see within driving distance of Phoenix with out the grand canyon.

I too need a place to go... I will have time in January. Ive told told by a few people not to go to vegas for more than a few days. I need somewhere I can go for a solid week. Im thinkin south, the deep south, on a beach in my speedo for a week.

I vote for Sedona, AZ. But dont actually stay in Sedona, stay 10 miles up the road in Camp Verde. You can rent a bike and you have to ride rte 89A. The cities of Jerome, Prescott and Flagstaff is nice. And eat pizza in Scottsdale at a place called Pizza Picaso...If you do the Vegas thing, Red Rock Canyon is only about 15 miles away, and Hoover Dam is close.

Do you HAVE to rent a motorcyle on vacation? I went to playa del carmen in july and stayed in a 5 star resort for 5 days. With airfare and all inclusive hotel it was $950. It was well worth it. Plus if you dive like I do the rates weren't that bad and it was on the private beach of the resort. Just a thought. Go to bookit.com. They have TONS of great deals.

Do you HAVE to rent a motorcyle on vacation? I went to playa del carmen in july and stayed in a 5 star resort for 5 days. With airfare and all inclusive hotel it was $950. It was well worth it. Plus if you dive like I do the rates weren't that bad and it was on the private beach of the resort. Just a thought. Go to bookit.com. They have TONS of great deals.

Not at all, just would be a nice to have, mid January we'll both want to be back riding a little.

I too need a place to go... I will have time in January. Ive told told by a few people not to go to vegas for more than a few days. I need somewhere I can go for a solid week. Im thinkin south, the deep south, on a beach in my speedo for a week.

does this post come with eye bleach?

I vote for Sedona, AZ. But dont actually stay in Sedona, stay 10 miles up the road in Camp Verde. You can rent a bike and you have to ride rte 89A. The cities of Jerome, Prescott and Flagstaff is nice. And eat pizza in Scottsdale at a place called Pizza Picaso...If you do the Vegas thing, Red Rock Canyon is only about 15 miles away, and Hoover Dam is close.

Yep, when I suggested Pheonix and said lots of places to drive to Sedona was one of the places I had in mind. Sedona is awesome. Some of the most beautiful scenery I have ever seen and an awesome town with lots of stuff to do. This is from Sedona...everywhere you look it looks like this:

1736722979_ab0037e6dc.jpg

Yep, when I suggested Pheonix and said lots of places to drive to Sedona was one of the places I had in mind. Sedona is awesome. Some of the most beautiful scenery I have ever seen and an awesome town with lots of stuff to do. This is from Sedona...everywhere you look it looks like this:

1736722979_ab0037e6dc.jpg

I really like the thought of AZ, never been though... it may be just a little too far though.

I really like the thought of AZ, never been though... it may be just a little too far though.

I LOVE Arizona. I have to fly into Tucson a lot for work, and had a chance to rock out there fora few days when a big ass snowstorm in Chicago stranded me. Got to see the Pima air and space museum, the Titan missile museum, went around the city some, it was a blast. I can imagine that going further north it's even more fun, espeically in winter when the temps are bearable. I have to drive from Tucson to the US/Mex border (2 hours, and you blow right through the middle of Tombstone), and canyon carving through those hills would be a BLAST on a bike.

+1. Sedona is awesome. Rent a Jeep and drive through the through the mountains.

Not cheap though.