automotive questions

that dude

rust proofing is not worth it undercoatin not bad but you can do it yourself for far less and linex liners are more brittle than the others they tend to get tears or peel up rhino liners are softer and more plyable they dont rip or tear and are tackier so stuff doesnt slide around in the bed

I've got a Chevy truck standard bed and checked out Line-X. They spray it on hot and it stays more flexible through it's life and the military uses it. It's also about $530! Check out some of the other options and what guys above say about them. You probably don't need all that technology.

I had a red rhino liner in my truck and it had a good feel to it. If I transported stuff it didn't scuff it up it was more of a rubberized texture than sandpaper. Also, it was red to match the exterior of my truck so you couldn't tell I had a bed liner unless you got up close (not sure if color matters to you?)

I have line-x in my 05 Silverado. dumped about a gallon of gas in it, and it did not soften it. I have hauled a bunch of scrap metal, lumber, firewood, dirt that was shoveled out, mulch shoveled out etc. No rips, tears, or getting brittle. It is very thick and stuff doesn't slide. worth the extra money.

I have Line-X. Love it. Some how it does not get hot in the sun. I have spilled everything on it. Gas, battery acid, bowl cleaner, beer, oil, gear oil, hydralic oil, tranny fluid. it's all good you can pressure wash it clean. battery acid lightened it up a bit but it's fading back to black. Line-x gaurantees it for life not to peel and if you scrape it off just take it back and they fix it for free.

DO NOT undercoat a vehicle that isn't brand new off the factory floor. It will do more harm than good as it traps in all the bullshit and causes major rusting issues

I cant recall the type of paint on liner I used on our trucks at work (I wanna say its rhino but I cant confirm that) but it was absolutely cake to paint on and do myself. I did 4 trucks (bed and inside tool boxes) for about $300 worth of the material, and this was after I put it on a tad thick on the first 2 trucks

DO NOT undercoat a vehicle that isn't brand new off the factory floor. It will do more harm than good as it traps in all the bullshit and causes major rusting issues

I cant recall the type of paint on liner I used on our trucks at work (I wanna say its rhino but I cant confirm that) but it was absolutely cake to paint on and do myself. I did 4 trucks (bed and inside tool boxes) for about $300 worth of the material, and this was after I put it on a tad thick on the first 2 trucks

if its dry it should be fine i would think. :confused:

Thats what I originally thought as well. But from what I understand is all the contaminants that already have "invaded" the underbody will become trapped in and accelerate rotting.

I've read this in several places so I tend to want to believe it

if you painted it on it was not rhino you can only get rhino done at a dealer and its sprayed on super hot and is also chemical resistant and lifetime warranty

you are right....i googled it and I think it was Herculiner, that sounds familiar

Definitely do a RhinoLiner. Call Kevin at Clifford Automotive. He can do it for cheap.

would be worth my time and gas to have them do it driving 2 + hrs away.thanks guys for the help. im set on line x after seeing them both. line x looks 10x better than rhino imho. passing on the undercoating

I was looking to have this done also and sent an e-mail to the place in Lancaster that does Line-X. For my 09 F150 it was $479+tax for the full bed. It was $300 more for custom color/color match which has the UV protection in to help against fade. I was between Rhino and Line-X also but will probably go with LX and black to save some $$.

Also, I believe Rhino liners are cold low pressure spray and takes longer to cure. Whereas Line-X is hot high pressure with less cure time needed. And make sure the place does it right and lightly sand sprays and wipes the bed down before spraying it all. Otherwise its just going to peel off....saw that on a friends truck with Rhino where they just sprayed right over the clearcoat and it comes up.

Edited by SJC1000rr

line-X>rhino>plastic insert>roll on> nothing

we use line X at our dealership and its great. We had thousands of truck and i can tell you that line x holds up the best. Rhino is ok once its new, but it fades and gets to be really smooth and doesnt grip as well. However line-x resists fading and won't get "dull" like rhino liner does. If your gonna spend the money get the best

we have ryhnoliner in one of our work trucks, Its junk. Its peeled and coming off, started to change color alittle, and you toss somthing in the bed, and it scratchs it right down to bare metal. It was a brand new truck with 2 miles on it when they put it in. We drove it straight from the dealer, to zeibart.