Sweetest Day 2009...

jblosser

...is today, Saturday 17 October.

Yes, it's a "Hallmark Holiday". :mad:

However, if your significant other is "one of those" you would be well advised to, at least, get her a card. :rulez:

Looks like we have Cleveland to thank for this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweetest_Day#Origin

Thanks a lot, Cleveland....;)

i just picked up a bottle of wine and made some breakfast in bed for her :D

:plus1:, way to go buddy! Takin Melanie out for dinner tonite & got her a couple of nice surprises. She deserves it, she has taken very good care of me since my knee surgery.

:plus1:, way to go buddy! Takin Melanie out for dinner tonite & got her a couple of nice surprises. She deserves it, she has taken very good care of me since my knee surgery.

for sure!! its awesome to have that extra care at home. i got it durring mine too. Just dont let her knock you off the porch while you are still on your crutches :lol:

Hallmark Holiday = PASS

You got to get you one that is smart enough to know what consumerism is.

This so-called "holiday" was created to boost card sales during a lull in the market.

yupper, the same corporate thought processes that want to bring us into decorating with strings of lights and lots of spending for Halloween, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, and any other holiday that they can push us into. And they wish they could find a fourth or fifth major consumer holiday. They want us to spend on these other holidays, like we do at Christmas. Probably won't ever happen.

Also the same bull that gets Thanksgiving stuff in the stores almost before Halloween, and gets Christmas stuff in the stores almost before Thanksgiving.

Sorry, but that is funny. Hope she didn't hurt ya too bad. :lol:

Are u serious? What did ya do or say or was it an "accident?"

it really wasnt totally her fault but i liked to make it sound like it was just so she would feel more sorry for me :D. anyway i was trying to open up my back door that goes out my kitched to a small cement porch/landing. well i had a system where i would use one crutch to push the screen door open and drop the other one down on the landing and then follow out with my good leg. she sees me trying to get out the door and while im putting my crutch against the screen door she shoves it open for me trying to help. so i end up losing what little balance i had and fall onto the porch land on my bag leg and spin then fall off the porch into the yard in about a foot of snow :lol: