Buell

RSVDon

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I snuck out today for about 170 miles on some decent twisties. The suspension setup per the manual is pretty close, I may try a little less front preload. The 1125 is without a doubt the best handling bike I've ridden. Corners like its on rails, very condfidence inspiring.

I finally got my first ride on the 1125 today and what a perfect day to go. All I can say is it feels awesomely different than any other Japanese bike I've ridden. Mmmmm beefy. It was cruiser-esq feeling with the handling of a sportbike's suspension. Me likey.

I went to cycle search and passed on the 1125. its not in bad shape but need bodywork (obviously) but there is some electrical mystery and slightly bent swingarm. i did get the 1000rr though :D

Well post up pics dewd.

Jagr! Heard you tried to pull on a Buell! Still gonna hunt one down?

Ive always liked the damn things but prolly not gonna happen.

ill prolly fighter a salvage ZX10. maybe thall be OK with the cool kids. ;)

Note: see edit note below. :D

Edited by jagr
actually since itll be nekkid it WONT be OK with the cool kids. But fuck em theyre fags anyways.

Ive always liked the damn things but prolly not gonna happen.

ill prolly fighter a salvage ZX10. maybe thall be OK with the cool kids. ;)

Note: see edit note below. :D

dude get the 1125 at cycle search for 4k. toss it to paul for plastics and get a new swingarm over the winter and some rear turn signals, ready to go.

Anyone figured out a way on how to swap the R front fairing on the CR?

Or swap the firebolt front on the CR? I just want to know what brackets I'd be missing if I wanted to swap out the fronts... after getting insurance quotes and pricing, I think the CR might be the way to go...

Edit:Ohh, and BTW if anyone up in the northeast area is planning on dealing with Lake Erie Harley Davidson - I'd recommend AGAINST it. I don't know if it was the particular salesman I dealt with, or the business altogether, but they are overpriced and I pretty much caught them lying about their inventory... So, take that for what it's worth. If the party that I confirmed with (who got shafted by these folks) wants to pipe up, they can.

Edited by JRMMiii

Tod my deal went through..but Justin's post stands as correct.

Justin: I can point you in the direction of the fairing swap...at least some info regarding it.

I kinda like the CR, with a full fairing on the sides. It's unique looking. I don't think I would want it in red though (the last one at LE HD).

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody see this???

http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2009/11/14/what-was-buell-working-on-when-the-end-came/

What was Buell Working on When the End Came?

Speculation about the bike indicates a displacement of 1199cc with much less weight and more horsepower than the current 1125R, it's the kind of bike you would build if you were planning on World Super Bike competition, or more to the point, the bike you would build as a true, no compromise, world class American sport bike.

514244.jpg