Indianapolis - Tanker fire closes I-465; I-69 reopens

'03VstarSH

I don't know if this is the correct place but just a heads up for anybody traveling through Indianapolis.

"A tanker truck exploded in a earth-shaking ball of fire on I-69 and I-465 this morning, forcing the closure of the latter, likely for weeks, authorities said."

"State Police Sgt. Anthony Emery said a pillar holding up the east side of the overpass was "blown out" and knocked on its side. Also, two steel girders on the west side of that overpass also sustained damage."We're not talking hours, we're talking weeks" for repairs, Emery said.

That is dreaded news for any commuters with destinations on the Northeastside, Fishers, Noblesville and points north toward Anderson and Muncie.

Also, nearby train tracks were damaged. The tracks weave below the underpass and carry pleasure trains from Hamilton County to Indianapolis."

http://www.indystar.com/article/20091022/NEWS/91022016/Tanker+fire+closes+I-465++I-69+reopens

wow that really blows! I am glad I don't live in Indy anymore. Thats about 10mins from where I lived and my normal route to my old job. That is going to back a hell of a lot of other roads in that area too

I try to avoid any of the interstates in Indy as much as possible during daylight. It's always crowded.

This is going to really make a big mess of the area.

True that. The old job I was on the way in around 430am and hell even then 465 had a decent amount of traffic on it, which to me was unbelievable

Get out the hot dogs and marshmellows!

Bet that highway info sign that burnt up ain't gonna be cheap to replace.

We do have some traffic here, but at least it moves at 70 mph unlike Ohio where it's full of asshats in the left lane going 10 under the limit.:D