Got the Dualsport parts in today!!

ponyjr

Well, I've been toying around the idea of dualsporting my Yz426. Once on the road going to save up for SM wheels. I received my ElectroSport Darkar kit today. Well built kit, very complete. Comes with wiring, headlight, horn, controls, mounts, turnsignals, taillight, ignition switch(!) and more! Now all i need are some street tires, and a WR stator/flywheel(anyone have one?). I'm excited to get this thing on the streets and have some fun! 50hp(ish) and 250lbs(ish), should be fun!

It's a rocket. I'm still waiting to hear about if the stator I got for my Baja kit will be replaced since the windings failed. If not it looks like I'll be looking for a used wr also to steal a stator from.

Here's what my kit looks like. Battery is stored behind the head lamp.

Dualsported426.jpg

I would do this if they weren't so dang tall. And 2fiddys that aren't so dang tall are so dang wimpy. Lack of power isn't an issue in the Winter, it helps stay upright. But it doesn't help when trying to get out of town to some roads. I want something to ride anytime, anywhere, all year round. I think those are called BMWs.

It's a rocket. I'm still waiting to hear about if the stator I got for my Baja kit will be replaced since the windings failed. If not it looks like I'll be looking for a used wr also to steal a stator from.

Here's what my kit looks like. Battery is stored behind the head lamp.

Dualsported426.jpg

looks KILLER!! from the looks of it the ElectroSport is the same kit! mine looks identical! Just out of curiosity did you guys "float"the ground? I guess you have to disconnect the ground on the stator backing plate.

looks KILLER!! from the looks of it the ElectroSport is the same kit! mine looks identical! Just out of curiosity did you guys "float"the ground? I guess you have to disconnect the ground on the stator backing plate.

Yep looks to be the same kit. As for the electrical you'd have to ask holy caveman. Might check Cavemanriders.com and post under ask the mechanic. :D

Well, of course it's not a bolt on kit. It won't fit with my aftermarket fatbar triple clamp, and I'll need a slightly longer brake line for the front. Shouldn't be hard to fix ether issue.

I was pretty surprised at how easy the attachment was on mine. Even the front break switch fit on without issue. Just some minor drilling to run the wires in the rear.

I was pretty surprised at how easy the attachment was on mine. Even the front break switch fit on without issue. Just some minor drilling to run the wires in the rear.

I think it's mostly because i have YZF high bars, and the aftermarket triple clamp is slightly taller. Still can't believe how nice the kit is.

• 3 weeks later...

Got the Title switched from off-road to on-road today. Pretty easy really. Just filled out a little piece of paper and payed $18. Have the stator and flywheel ready to install. After that its a done deal. Should be riding it by thursday (weather permitting).

Dude i will totally Dig for $20!!! The thing might only do 80 though....

I should hope so! I'm a lot bigger than you and mine will top 80 pretty quick. Sounds like an oversized chain saw on nitro doing it:D Scariest part is doing it on knobies, get a little rear drift at times.

Ya i think it hauls balls!! i rode it around the parking lot a little and can't keep the front wheel down. I have a set of Avon rr's on it, hooks up ok, will be a lot better after i put S/M wheels on it with a 140 or 150 out back. Right now its only a 100/90-19 (pretty skinny but better than a 120 knobby).