Nut Up or Shut Up! (Directors Cut)

McLovin

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there's a very distinct line between making fun of someone specific behind their back on a public forum versus dressing up for Halloween to make fun of a whole town. The costumes didn't say Adam and Brian. They weren't targeted at individuals. Thus, they weren't personal attacks. Now Pratt's on the other hand was definitely a personal attack, but against herself. So....

I understand that...I didnt say anything towards the talking about people behind their backs.....

I just said that everyone has a differnet level of offense....

I understand that...I didnt say anything towards the talking about people behind their backs.....

I just said that everyone has a differnet level of offense....

Oh I know and I agree.
So who is the one changing these guys names all the time? If only 3 people can do it im assuming its not Ben and Carrie, that leaves the one sticking up for them in the thread correct?
It isn't Carie or I changing the names, but I don't think it has anything to do with sticking up for anyone about anything. I think they're all just going back to their original names.

So who is the one changing these guys names all the time? If only 3 people can do it im assuming its not Ben and Carrie, that leaves the one sticking up for them in the thread correct?

I changed them....by their request.....

Im not stucking up for them by changing the names.....

As an Admin I have the choice to change a name...

This is where people have different levels of offense....some people would take offense to someone dressing up and making fun of them and some would not....

this is very true but just because ones skin is thicker then anothers doesnt mean that said person should have to put up with more then someone with thin skin.

this is very true but just because ones skin is thicker then anothers doesnt mean that said person should have to put up with more then someone with thin skin.

If a post is made that is offensive and possibly breaks the rules, report it via the report.gif button in the upper right corner of every post. It is then reviewed by the mods/admins and determined whether or not it breaks the rules. It's pretty easy.

Find me the thread about Joe Blow in BFE, Kansas. If it was a motorcyclist in Ohio, well then that's pretty fucking relevant to a site for Ohio motorcyclists. If it was someone in the armed forces, I'd say that's pretty fucking worthy of being post as well.

i dont feel that its relevant if no one knew the person.

I get that it wasn't funny but you seem to take exception to it even though its legal by your rulebook to make fun of them and that's not entirely fair. No one was making fun of people who died, they were complaining about the excessive number of R.I.P. threads that had no known personal contact with anyone here. I have an issue with someone posting in R.I.P threads with the attitude that somehow they needed killin because they weren't wearing a helmet. This was going to the point of being able to determine what is offensive to one isn't offensive to others. You are correct the helmet laws are not relevant to this discussion.

I think its funny that someone named "BlackHammer" is pulling the race card. But I'm not offended. Fine lines....

So that his name is back to McLovin.... did he play the race card cause he black.....????

Casper is white....nothing wrong with that....

Black Hammer his black......his choice

i dont feel that its relevant if no one knew the person.

That's your opinion, and I gladly invite you to not read any RIP threads.

However, I'm sure someone knew the person.

Case in point: http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=37379

Nobody here knows him. However, he was my buddy Mark's best friend: http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73377 (only viewable if you're a CR member).

So, by your logic nobody here on Ohio Riders knew him so it wasn't relevant. Maybe two fatal accidents at the same intersection should be noted? Maybe someone reads the article, and thinks about the accident the next time they travel through that intersection. Maybe they think twice about making the turn so fast, or about how fast the oncoming car is coming, and that second thought saves their life. Still irrelevant to the site?

Jesus. Why is everyone all pissy about this. We are here to be a community of people who ride motorcycles. I cant even stand reading some of this shit. Whats the fucking point of arguing? We know it never gets anywhere. :nono:

Bitching about people posting RIP threads is funny? Pratt came in a straight jacket. Does that mean she should be offended at her self?

How'd I get brought into all this? :confused::p

I think there's a very distinct line between making fun of someone specific behind their back on a public forum versus dressing up for Halloween to make fun of a whole town. The costumes didn't say Adam and Brian. They weren't targeted at individuals. Thus, they weren't personal attacks. Now Pratt's on the other hand was definitely a personal attack, but against herself. So....

I think people have taken the costumes on halloween a bit too far. It was a JOKE! Geesh. I have had SO MANY PEOPLE talk crap about me on here but I grew some thick skin, stopped crying about it, and moved on! I was originally banned from this site after signing up for some stupid shit I wrote on CR about my exhusband. Everyone thought of me as a crazy bitch and I lived with that. That is the reason I wore that costume on Halloween. I think we take ourselves way too seriously sometimes. Lighten up ya'll. Not everyone is going to like you in life. We are all adults and should be able to agree to disagree.

Carie herself has told me that PM's are not read on this site. Do you think they really have time to work full time jobs AND read everyone's PM's? Believe me you're not that important.

And FYI...I have gotten emails from admins about my behavior and my big mouth. I was upset with two people for attacking me so I attacked back. You know what NO sides were taken and these two people were friends with Ben and Carie. I guess the bottom line is......if you don't like the site or the majority of the members then just don't log in. There are tons of other forums out there that do talk about mostly motorcycle stuff and don't hang out on a regular basis. I for one like the fact that I can log on and talk about anything I choose. I love to ride but that's NOT my whole life.

HA..making fun? or fucking annoyed i believe it was more like this..

im tired of ppl posting up RIP threads and having to read about ppl dyin on bikes ppl die everyday, then there was this ppl just post up RIP posts just to raise there post count then someone said yea it would be totally necessary if they were an ohiorider or a family member of an ohio rider

What is wrong with posting RIP threads? I think it brings awareness and reminds people to wear their gear b/c NOBODY is exempt! I know death and dying is a touchy subject. I work in palliative medicine and feel very comfortable with it but not everyone does. You don't have to read those threads. There are threads on here that when I know are posted by a certain individual I won't read it b/c I know I'll get upset.

Ya and thanks Ben for bringing up the crazy costume not once but TWICE! :D