Issue 1 and Issue 2 both passed

Casper

I can't believe the overwhelming response on Issue 1.

I'd like to know the breakdown of (D) and ® that voted 'Yea' and 'Nay'...

The ®s that voted yea shouldn't bitch about gov't spending/deficits because Dems are the big spenders right?

Borrowing money to pay a bonus doesn't make much sense to me (I think we've covered this in another thread). So instead of costing taxpayers $1000 per vet, it'll cost $1000 + 6% interest compounded over the life of the loan. :nono: I'm all for vets, but I'd rather pay them double next year than take a loan out this year.

I can't believe the overwhelming response on Issue 1.

I'd like to know the breakdown of (D) and ® that voted 'Yea' and 'Nay'...

The ®s that voted yea shouldn't bitch about gov't spending/deficits because Dems are the big spenders right?

Borrowing money to pay a bonus doesn't make much sense to me (I think we've covered this in another thread). So instead of costing taxpayers $1000 per vet, it'll cost $1000 + 6% interest compounded over the life of the loan. :nono: I'm all for vets, but I'd rather pay them double next year than take a loan out this year.

when it comes to matters of vets and money i usually keep my mouth shut on where i stand. but i actually agree with you on this. it took me awhile to decide on this one and i actually for the first time voted against something for our military....... i feel horrible but i look at the other factors and just couldnt do it.

and i think there is becoming more of a line between R and C recently.......

any body with livestock are going to be told how to take care of there animals

There's going to be a collective sigh of relief from all the sheep in the Coshocton area...

Yeah to have people with no idea of an animal or what they should look like. To tell a person what they are doing wrong the people who wanted this are the one that dont really know what animals looks like. Just what I seen what happen in NY. The people who are going to judge animals should have study them in the wild. Then they will really know what they are looking at. Just what i think every one else can think what they want................

Edited by wht_scorpion

How? I'm not questioning your intelligence as I don't think you're stupid. I am curious to know why you say that.

In a nutshell, without the "board" the National Humane Society and PETA will do to us like they did in Cali and other states. The NHS has gone into states and set up legislation that pretty much shuts EVERY farm down. Ohio decided that the best way to prevent this would be to set up a board so that when the NHS tries to come in and start mandating farms, we can say "No thanks, we've got it covered." So a NO vote means everything stays status quo, well status quo wouldn't stay status quo for long.

Make sense?

Right' date=' but Ohioans would have to vote on the legislation proposed by The NHS and farmers can easily get their own legislation on a ballot. (just like they did yesterday) I just don't get how having a board of appointed "know-it-alls" is better than fighting off PETA. Everyone in Ohio knows PETA is a joke. Californians are retards.. no big story there.

It's like paying the Mafia to protect you. Eventually, they're coming to collect. Anyone who voted for this that thinks the government is really going to look after their interests is absolutely diluted. This is the beginning of the end for small farms in Ohio.

Sam, I hope I'm wrong. I really do, but you are now in bed with the enemy. It is not in BigAgro's interest to keep you around and now they have lobbying pull that directly affects you on the State level. It's a bad scene, my friend.[/quote']

I hope you are wrong as well. If the NHS and PETA gets legislation in, I know it would shut me down. Hopefully, the board will be able to prevent them from getting ANY kind of legislation even close to a ballot. Adding: Do I really want ALL of Ohio to vote on issues that concern my farm if we dont try to stop the NHS with this board? Not hardly. I dont need a shitload of city dwellers who have no clue about farming, voting on legislation proposed by vegitarians.

I'm sure that I've told you before, my operation is mainly for teaching our kids responsibility. Yes, we make some money but the biggest benefit is for the kids sake. And alot of the money that we make goes to our kids. There are alot of operations just like mine. The vast majority of kids at the county fair come from like operations.

Edited by SAMBUSA

On issue 1: I would rather see us go in debt further supporting the military and vets rather than on some of the other stupid shit we spend on. I also add that I feel this way not because I am a vet but because I am an American Patriot.

That being said:

How do I get my check?