Do the Secret Knock to get in...

wrillo

Why don't they make it like these new credit cards. Just pass your "key" near the door handle or deadbolt and it unlocks.

That beautiful technology is referred to as Passive RFID (Radio Frequency Identification), and that wouldn't be nearly as nerdy

Wall Humping - Rubbing your pants pocket against a scanner that reads security cards in order not to waste time taking the card out of your pocket. He's wall humping to get into the office after hours.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wall%20humping

:lol: thats hilarious because I've totally thought about trying that! I keep my card in my wallet. So I've really been wanting to 'butt bump' the scanner on the wall, but I'd have to jump up there. :lol:

That beautiful technology is referred to as Passive RFID (Radio Frequency Identification), and that wouldn't be nearly as nerdy

Not to get off topic but that is why credit cards are getting people so far into debt. The brain doesn't hardly recognize that you are making a payment, it's too simple to just pass and go..

Not to get off topic but that is why credit cards are getting people so far into debt. The brain doesn't hardly recognize that you are making a payment, it's too simple to just pass and go..

THAT is where RFID is going to "shine". Dave knows what he's talking about!

That would suck it if fell off the door though

that was my first thought too. Ok, so you leave w/o keys, knock-to-lock, and the thing falls off while you're gone. then what?

I suppose there's nothing stopping him from making it a more permanent fixture at some point, but what happens when the battery for the motor or actuating device dies?

clever, but impractical (for now)

Wall Humping - Rubbing your pants pocket against a scanner that reads security cards in order not to waste time taking the card out of your pocket. He's wall humping to get into the office after hours.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wall%20humping

:lol: thats hilarious because I've totally thought about trying that! I keep my card in my wallet. So I've really been wanting to 'butt bump' the scanner on the wall' date=' but I'd have to jump up there. :lol:[/quote']

In the Access Control business, thats called AssPass. I always asked the owner if they wanted the reader mounted at pocket height.